Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / AirWolf - Stealth Missions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 03:38
HI, names Kenn. I'm new to DarkBasic. Just bought it orver Christmas. I'm so surprised and happy how easy DarkBasic is. I've been using Gamemaker for 2 years. he fact that its not drag and drop like Gamemaker does scare me but its cool. I'll have to manage.

I want me make a 3D platformer butI don't have the graphics. I can make them I jsut need to do it. But I wanted to make something fast cause I can't want so I decide to make a game to test the software out.

I was stomped on one part but I jsut find my answer like 20 min and fix3edd my demo game. It was Set Cam Range. Make that was killing so here it is. "Air Wolf - Stealth Missions".

I didn't know what to call it so I remember from when I was a kid and this show I liked called "Air Wolf", lol, 80s TV show, lol. Love the theme song, lol. Air Wolf was a Helicopter,lol. But I'm not using a heli. Its a Stealth Bomber jet.

There are only two things now. The plane and the landscape.

Controls:
left,right:

Up/Down:
but don't use them, lol. just fly around, lol, left and right but its up to you

Crtl: Super speed/ nice little effect I created.

display res, 800x600, 32

Remember there is no mission just flying. I'm new jsut remember that. I'm a Graphics Design Student and the graphic part shouldn't be a big issue. I model car in 3ds max. So I have some skillz. Only thing I need is time.

if the upload doesn't work use rapidshare
http://rapidshare.de/files/10232261/AirWolf_-_Sealth_Missions.zip.html[href][/href][href]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 07:18
post some screens. I downloaded cause i loved airwolf on the nes. Started the program, said couldn't load sound at line something something. Fix this! and post screens.

Kenn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 10:33
sorry About thatI'm new so I don't know how to make screen shots. I'd have to take out the sound then I thought it would put them in one file.

I rebuilded the file. I put all the files in one fold and put the exe in ther. I then compressed it moved it and uncompressed and played it it works.

I wouldn't call it a game because there are no objectives jsut showing people what I've done in a week. Which i think is cool. And I just Used the AirWolf name. there's no Heli in the game I just liked the show and the theme song.

Just tell me what you think from a newbie perspective. Thanks

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mikey P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 16:52 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2006 16:53
Quote: "couldn't load sound at line something something."

To fix this, make sure you include all the sounds and other media, and don't pass full paths to the load commands, like "C:\mygame\sound.mp3" etc.

I'd like to play this when it's finished!

Kenn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 22:45
the secound one doesn't work either
Flaming Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 00:41
Ok. I got the program to work. The only problem was it didn't seem to do anything. It looked nice, but I thought I didn't have control of the plane. Make it so you control the plane more.

NO I'm not! I'm not a... well, technically I'm not... I almost... sorta... maybe... yeah. Ok, Ima noob...
Kenn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 00:50
well its not a game, at least not yet. Its a WIP
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 15:25
first of all to get a screen shot go into your game as if you were playing and click on the print screen button. Then go into an image editor like ms paint and click ctrl+v to paste it in save it.

Then go to an image host upload your image.

to attach screenshots all you have to do is click on the button that says image then type/paste in the images url/web address(include the file type) and the click the image button again to close it.

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 21:10
looks good for a week man i still havn't acheived anything impressive yet, and ive been using darkbasic for a couple months before i joined this forum . Good work, you achieved the aesthetic qualities, but now try to implement more gaming elements next. This way you will have a game without compromise.

formerly KrazyJimmy
Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 21:38 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2006 21:39
ODDMind did the demo work for you?

Experienced DB http://www.greatgames3d.com (work in progress site)
Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 03:47
yea, i dont even think i extracted it from winrar... is it not working for some of you guys?

formerly KrazyJimmy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:31:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:31:10