Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My matrix gets angry at me o.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 18:19
Hello people

I can't figure out why my matrix starts throwing a hissyfit everytime I try to SHIFT it. o_O

Here is my program (media-free)

As you can see, when you reach 4000 or -4000 on either X or Z the matrix should SHIFT in the appropriate direction...the problem is, it just wants to stay there in one place and starts shaking up a storm O.o

Here is the part I'm having problems with (for people too lazy to look for it )

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

crighton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 04:22 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2006 04:24
as far as i know, the shift matrix command is bugged, it inverts all verticies or some crap.

I think u have to double shift it or something.
Not 100% sure on that though.

***edit***
PS.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=54230&b=15

aye!
Image All
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 17:56
I figured out that when the matrix SHIFTs it isn't moving anywhere; I was counting on it to move

Now that I know that I made a modification to the code to push the player back 100 units whenever the matrix SHIFTs so the player won't stay in the SHIFT area and make it keep SHIFTing...but this is only partially working.

If I make the matrix SHIFT two directions at once by going twards the edge at an angle, I am pushed back by 100 units twice -- I can see a blip and thats where people will know it SHIFTed -- and then I am only 100 away from another bump-back which makes it pretty bumpy still.

Is there a way to make it so when the matrix SHIFTs, all objects on it are SHIFTed as well?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 13:30:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 13:30:20