Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Project Relativity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 03:16
You are Derek Hyde, a space pilot in the year 2328. Several months ago, six colonization ships were sent from Earth, to a planet beyond out solar system, a planet called Xenon. Constuction is now underway by the 30,000 inhabitants of Xenon's new city. This is the first far-space colonization attempt since the recent population of a large Mars metropolis. You are now being sent in a revolutionary new ship to supply the Xenon colony with food and weapons. Your ship is only a prototype, so you are the lone occupant of the cross-shaped craft. Somewhere mid-flight, your ship malfunctions, and you are sent hurtling back toward earth at a startling rate. Einstein's Theory of Relativity states that as one's velocity away from earth increases, so does time. You crash land on earth in wasteland Russia...300 years after you left.
You best friend, Hendrix Mason was developing a robot prototype when you left earth, and now it would seem he has caused a revolution. His attempt at programming a virtual soul has failed, but it has led the way to the most advanced Artificial Intelligence seen in robots yet. These robotic supersoldiers are capable of calculating nearly anything, and then executing it. Hendrix Mason has become a 300-year-old cyborg, the dedicated leader of the robotic tyrants. Now you must use your expertise and weaponry to aid the Russian resistance in overpowering the evil regime, and ultimately, you must kill Hendrix Mason.

I have completed the first level, in which you cleanse you crashed ship of the robotic invaders, and emerge triumphant in the snowy Russian tundra. The ship has 3 stories: the living quarters, the maintenance story, and the snow-laden roof of the spacecraft.

Here are a few screenshots...

I reject your reality and substitute it with a full-on, guns-blazin' video game reality of my own.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 03:22
Another one...

I reject your reality and substitute it with a full-on, guns-blazin' video game reality of my own.

Attachments

FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 03:23 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2006 03:23
More...

Attachments

FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 03:24 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2006 03:24
and another...

Attachments

FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 03:24
...and the last.

Attachments

himynameisali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 13:10
Awesome mate! Can't wait to play this!

††† The Soul Master †††
[ Proudly and formally Ali M ]

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 13:23
Good storyline and screenshots!
Looking forward to this!

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 15:45
Cool. As soon as I work out skybox and other issues, and get not only a menu but also a cutscene or two, I'll release the demo. Progress will be hampered by school starting up again, but I'll work it in somehow. I'll take some more screens when I get back from school...

FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 03:20 Edited at: 4th Jan 2006 03:28
Currently I'm working on perhaps retexturing a few things including the Thomson to make a cool futuristic tommy-gun. I think I will also retexture some characters (probably the robot) by sending my jpg files to my Mac and editing it there with Photoshop.

EDIT: ignore the download, heh.

Attachments

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 23:54
6 thumbs up.

Xenon... well, it looks like advertizing survives in 2328, at least we haven't heard about microsoft yet... Also, the future isn't to far away... They are comming.

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 00:33
Now that I think about it, wasn't Xenon the XBox 360's early codename? Oh well, not breaking any copyright laws, fine with me. Currently I'm still struggling with the missing walls thing. Anyone else experienced this?

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 01:29
"Missing walls"

Select the roomsegment you are using, now select the brush painting a wall. Now you can place walls where they are suppose to go. Or delete walls that you don't need.

Read the Manual
Alot easier, and only takes an arn.

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 07:20
Ah, thanks. I can finally get going again with this thing! The second level is a bit of a futuristic cityscape...should be pretty interesting.

Bourne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 08:36 Edited at: 8th Jan 2006 08:38
Sounds really cool. Can't wait to try out a demo!

It reminds me of Planet of the apes, but with robots instead of apes hahaha.

When I read the introduction I immediately thought of an opening similar to halflife with the screw up. Especially after seeing that office or what ever.
zniper monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 19:15
Not to be the annoying cosmologist here, but do you realise the insane speed and distance needed to go into the future 300 years. Special and General Relativity don't go that fast. Cool game though.

I'm a noob and proud of it!!! GRRRR!!!
FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 19:18 Edited at: 8th Jan 2006 19:21
Zniper: yeah, I realize that this ship would have to go like millions of lightyears a second, and WAY beyond where "Xenon" would be, but hey... Doom 3 isn't exactly probable either...

EDIT: How might I make a custom decal? For the second level, I need quite a few big smoke effects, the scale of which none of the premade ones on FPSC can match. I'm going for like 6 different huge, dusty explosion effects, and placing them kind of together to form a realistic spurt of dirt as if a mortar shell had hit. Something like Call of Duty 2. I have Photoshop and am a professional graphic designer so the smoke shouldn't be a problem.

FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 00:08
Well, a whole new front had been opened up way of gameplay for Project Relativity, and one that hopefully will make it stand out among FPS games. In the likeness of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, I discovered the "pick-up" feature. I was fooling around on FPSC, and found that the player can actually pick up and throw objects by right-clicking on a dynamic entity. Prolly just a noobish disciovery, but here's some screenshots. (Btw, these screens are the style of the second level, but not the level itself.)

Attachments

FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 00:08
And thowing it...

Attachments

brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 07:55 Edited at: 9th Jan 2006 07:55
Your right, its just a noobish discovery

RAAAAH! I have finally ordered FPSC and Model pack 1!
FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 14:50 Edited at: 9th Jan 2006 14:52
Heh heh. Well, yeah just seems pretty cool to be able to throw and explosive tank into a room and fire a shot at it if you don't have any grenades handy.
Hmm...I just had another game idea....A bow and arrows, and spears that you can pick up and throw, and...one thing at a time....

brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 15:07
One thing i havent discovered yet, can you hurt your enemies by throwing things on them or mabey throwing the enemies away in some way? (i havent got fps creator yet)

RAAAAH! I have finally ordered FPSC and Model pack 1!
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 15:50
You can hurt enemies by throwing objects!
Just change object strengh to 100 and Physichs Damage to whatever you want!

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 00:35
Precisely. More screenshots of Level 2 soon.

FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 01:06 Edited at: 10th Jan 2006 01:07
I just figured out how to retexture items, so I will be probably changing some of the game elements so that they are not so prefabricated. I may also retexture the Colt .45 into a more futuristic weapon. I also plan to retexture the robots to look cooler. Not on the first or second levels, though, because that would mean redoing them, when the look fine already.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:55:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:55:53