Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help on making a 2d zelda like game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i need help making a 2d like zelda game if anyone has any tips or anything at all (i have no idea where to start) please send them or reply

email-diablowhm@aol.com

-thnx
blank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 18:47
you couild start by making a menu. then work on getting a sprite to control. then work on levels and scenery positioning. then on graphics thats how i usually structure my games. if you need any help making it then just ask though im not very talented at programming.

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 19:16
I generally start with the game, not the menu. I have a tileset and a routine to load it and split it up into about 225 images (15x15, 32x32 pixel images). Every frame there is a subroutine which takes tile values from an array and puts the right image number in the right place, forming a 15x15 map area on screen. Then I added a character, and collision, map scrolling (which is rubbish) and character animation.

Once I was but the learner,
now, I am the Master.
Attreid
Years of Service
User Offline
you will need a map editor .. I'm helping a girl ( yes, a girl, a girl who use db ) to make a 2d zelda like game, and I made this programm for her :

okay, the informations are in french, but it's easy to understand, isnt it ? be glad that it isn't in swiss-german
I don't have made a code to read the maps, but it will come soon
how does the editor work ? easy :
you move the selectionned case with the arrow keys, and choose the textures with a key (1 to 7 in my code, but you have to change the pictures ). the pictures must be 40*40 pixels. the images 1 and 2 must be grass, where the player can move. when you placed all the others images you want, press H and the programm will help you to finish the map
when you escape, it ask you if you want to save the map ; if you write a name, it save, else it doesnt save.
hmm if you have any questions, mail me at galakthus@hotmail.com

I'm following John, but I'm not john.
Lol, it is funnier in french

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 23:12:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 23:12:20