Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / "Project Nowhere" PLAYABLE DEMOLEVEL of an upcomming horror-scifi-3dgame

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Project "Nowhere" - DEMOLEVEL

DOWNLOADLINK:
http://www.woller.com/Nowhere.zip

(this link will be valid until the 7.1.2006 12.00 pm)

This is the demolevel giving you the taste of a scary 3d-shooter game that is still under development.
When it´s done, the full version can be purchased at:

www.people.freenet.de/martinsabel/3dshooter.htm

The full version will feature about 6 singleplayer-levels and a multiplayer-version of every sp-level.

I think, I will charge something around 10,- $ for the full version.

Story (in a few words):

The ASG-Corporation has managed to invent a dimensional-travelling-gateway.
Unfortunately, it was obviously not kept secret enough ... just after starting the first experiment - sending humans to the gates far side - some para-millitary troopers, assaulted the ASG-Corp.-complex, murdered the remaining scientists and aborded the experiment, leaving Dr. Steve Aston, the leading scientist, trapped in the other dimension.
It is unknown, who controls the hostile troopers, but it is obvious that they plan to use the interdimensional-gateway for their own evil purposes.

Your mission objective is to sneak into the complex, find the high security labs, reactivate the gateway, enter the other dimension and rescue Dr. Steve Aston (if he is still alive).

You have no kind of weapons in the beginning and stand against some heavily armed grunts, so be carefull.
The enemy-force has also managed to reprogram the ASG-service-bots. So these will also try to kill you on sight.

And to make thing even worse, something old and evil has already entered our dimension from the far side of the gate ...

After you have played the demolevel, please E-Mail me Your comments, suggestions, questions etc.

(mailto: martin.sabel@gmx.de ) Thanks!

Screenshots can be found here:

www.people.freenet.de/martinsabel/foyer.jpg
www.people.freeentd.e/martinsabel/backdoor.jpg

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 14:55
This absolutely looks awesome!
I will download demo!

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 15:58
Good Demo! I liked it!
Pretty long loading time though...

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds a good storyline-whats this old thing that managed to get through the inter-dimensional gateway then? Just one thing-there is NO save/load feature, so I am not sure if people will want to buy your game without the abuility to save.load yet. Wait for Riker 9, THEN do it.
Welt perfekt ionierer
Years of Service
User Offline
to Nigezu:

Thanks a lot for the friendly words. I know - the loading screen is diplayed quite long I don´t know why, I have allready erased all unnecessare files the file-folder after building the game. Maby its because there are quite many static lights in the level that have to be prerendered.
However, my main goal was to achive a good and stable framerate.
So by the way: How is this levels framerate on your machines? On my comp, the whole level runns smooth.

to TOM001:

I know, I know, the biggest problem that we have with FPScreator:-( is the missing save/load-option.
I definitly put great hopes in Riker9. If this fails, I will eventually try out the alternative concept of releaseing the game in smalles chapters. Each chapter could than be played standalone (and should be played in chronological order). Not the best solution, but better than having to play it all from the beginning, if you die just before the end.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 04:20
wow wow wow...

that looks like thats noldors crate...

and if i recal correctly, he said you couldent put it in any comercial games...so you cant sell that game unless you take that out.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 11:07
Framerates went down in some places but not that much it would interfere with playing! (Hope I spelled that right ).

My specs are below!

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 14:41
This is very nice work.

The game played very smoothly too, no lag here.

I did get stuck at one point (see pic), but otherwise I liked it.

It's obvious you put some thought into the level, finding the pistol was fun.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 15:04
WOAH

Just downloaded it -

Havent had chance to play yet (Im at work )

But the screenies look amazing!

Lookin` polished Cant wait to have a go.

DAB Studios
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 15:10
Full light mapping rocks!!!

Welt perfekt ionierer
Years of Service
User Offline
The upper download-link will be outdatet soon.

From now on, use either the following download-link from fileplanet:
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/150000/159720.shtml

Or grab the demo from:
www.the3dgames.com (you´ll find it in the download-section)
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 03:16
Are you using full light maps?

It would be better if you dropped the whole "gate to the far side" or "far side of the gate" and just call it Farside, one word, not two.

Game revew after it downloads and loads

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 05:21 Edited at: 8th Jan 2006 05:22
Okay, Either you intend us to run the whole level, or you haven't fully played it. If you are a perfect shot, you have JUST enough ammo to kill everything. It seems that most enemys are scripted just to stay put and kill you... Not very interactive.

It is difficult racing to get to that cult, expecally since you don't know where it is in the first place. Small sudjestion, start the plr off with some form of weapon, even a simple combat knife will do.

Noldor does have strict rule on Comercial games using his material, so I would remove those if I were you.

FPS=24-18

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
Bourne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 08:49
Really enjoyed the demo! Especially finding the pistol.

You have a really cool story idea too.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 15:54
For me, it rarely went above 10fps and having no gun when the room was full of things to shot you was annouying. I got as far as the room with the soda dispencer and the tie-fighter windows and couldn't open any of the door so got shot. Most of that room was 5fps for me.

I need an upgrade....
AE
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 07:45
@Welt perfekt ionierer
Great work so far
Was wondering if you would like to compile the demo into a game rather than the current compression method. It would allow a massive decrease in the size and also make's it look more professional. I'd be happy to do it for you or even give you an example of what I mean.

Just message me on XFire: Talairina.

Tal
Welt perfekt ionierer
Years of Service
User Offline
about noldors custom models:

Don´t worry, before making this this a commercial product, I will take the time to double-check, if every custom item can be used this way. On the other hand, in the meantime I was thinking about releasing this one for free. After all, I´m still learning, how to use this editor and have a few ideas for following games. So I will probably release Project Nowhere for free and charge money for the games, I build thereafter - I don´t know by now.

to Merranvo:
thanks alot for taking the time to write a review. I want to add a few words:
It was meant to leave the player without a weapon in the beginning to add a few stealth elements. The only way to the pistol can be found, if you just take your time to sneak and peek around corners.
About the low ammount of bullets: You can find two ammo-clips, before finding the gun (one in the vent-duct and one in the security-room that also holds the pistol). That should be enough bullets to kill the first enemy. From now on you can also take the ammo from your dead opponents and should not run low on ammo again. Whenever I play through my level, I have dozens of bullets (sometimes more than 100) left for the tavor.

to transient:

glad I am to read that about the frame-rate. The crate that has "captured" you, will be repositioned in the next release.

to Avenging eagle:
unfortunately I don´t know exectly, witch room you mean. There are two soda machines in the game and I don´t know, what tie-fighter windows are, and there is no room with more than ONE enemy shooting at you (after you wrote about a foom "full of things, shooting at you")
If you have reached the security room with the soda machine, you should also have found the pistol and if you have already have reached the foyer with the soda machine, you would almost have beaten the whole game (impossible, unless you have allready found the weapon) All doors are either locked for good, automatic or can be opened by pressing the "f" key.
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 10:46
nice job

IN MEMORY OF JIFFY
HE WAS BNNED FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL, AND WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU BY THE GREATEST SURVIVAL HORROR GAME OF ALL TIME: PROJECT LUNA
WE ALL MISS YOU, JIFFY
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 15:40
PureEvil, why do you have the habbit of digging up dead posts?

Papa Lazarou: Your my wife now!

Model Pack: Tools: http://www.league-of-lunatics.co.uk/3d/tools.htm
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 19:55
because lots of dead posts are good and ppl abandon them for no reason. why do you have a habit of going to every post i make?

IN MEMORY OF JIFFY
HE WAS BNNED FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL, AND WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU BY THE GREATEST SURVIVAL HORROR GAME OF ALL TIME: PROJECT LUNA
WE ALL MISS YOU, JIFFY
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 20:39
PureEvil, a warning.

People don't like other people bumping threads, so if you don't want to get flamed don't go digging up 4 month old threads.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 21:03
I agree - the owner of this thread doesn't seem to be adding any more updates, and may have dropped the project all together.

It does look cool though.

HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT
http://www.irwinsoftware.com/ww3
Screenshots on Site! Demo Coming Soon!
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 21:07
oh ok sorry...

IN MEMORY OF JIFFY
WE ALL MISS YOU, JIFFY
Spawn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 02:35
I'm downloading now i'll post a comment when I beat it.
Spawn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 02:36
I'm downloading now i'll post a comment when i beat it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:16:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:16:40