Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have owned DB prof for over a year now but havnt done much with it yet as I prefer other free basics like "Simple Basic", "Free Basic", "Game Maker", "Just Basic". The main reason is the debugger in DB crashes the computer, and syntax error reporting is a bit sparse. I have tried "Blue" but still cant debug properly. Also it would be nice if the function folding worked properly without crashing. I am hoping that by now a proper Editor is available. Am I in luck? And why Oh why cant you access variable ouside functions with globals or byref etc.
Jerok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 00:18
i have a few answers
ok im not sure what you mean by the debugger crashes as far as i know this is not true there may be a few probjems with the esckey exit while using the debugger but you just have to close the debugger and it will close the program not sure if this is what you were refering to but this is the only problem ive had with it as for the folding function i am having a problem with it but you cna just set bookmarks and leave your functions open as for the acess variables in a function you must global the variable outside the function and place the variable in the brackets of the funtion like so

Timber
Years of Service
User Offline
The debugger just doesnt work on my version of the IDE on my DBP. It crashes the whole programme. Same with function folding. DBPro wasnt cheap, especially when compared with Delphi7 (free in magazine CD) and the many other basics available on the net. It ought to have a fully working editor. The "Blue" editor doesnt debug. The DB people should have corrected their editor by now.
Have you got a different Editor to me?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 13:20:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 13:20:23