Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Collision Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 20:13 Edited at: 7th Feb 2006 18:46
I made this collision editor for myself and maybe it will help others if they so choose to use it.

Here is a screenshot.

*Edit* I moved this to Cshop Forums so more users could see it and maybe help out more people. Changes have been made to editor.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 20:15
Can we have more informations about this? Because it's seems very good

Skalex - Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!
dugzilla
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having a problem uploading. Give me a few minutes. Thanks.
dugzilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 20:35 Edited at: 6th Jan 2006 03:48
Here it is. It still has a few bugs but oh well. I dont' have a read me yet so here is a short ex:

1: Run exe.

2: Goto to options and load prefab map.

3: Go back to options and load Player.

4: Click on Player then goto "Pivot X,Y,Z" button and hit the "X" three times to get the player rightside up.

5: Set up collision parameters and check the stopstart collision checkbox.

6: Once the collision starts the parameters on the left can't be changed until you uncheck the stop/start box. The righthand side menu can be played with either way.

7: With collision system on save your settings to file by hitting "Save File" button. This creates a folder and file. Goto "c:program filescollision editor" to open your collision data file.

If you have no experience with Nuclear Glory Collision (version 2.03) then you will have a hard time with the editor. Have fun and depending on feedback I'll add more help here.

***Edit*** You can not import your own maps and models with this version. Look further down post.

Attachments

Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 03:08
Wow, great sliding collision! The saved files are opened with what? Nuclear Glory Collision? If yes, this is a must buy. ANd how about importing my own models/maps?

Skalex - Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!
zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 10:37
I don´t think this work with dbc but i´ll ask you anyway.
Does this work with DBC?

dugzilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Wow, great sliding collision!"

That's all Nuclear Glory. I have nothing to do with it outside of me coding the editor.

Quote: "The saved files are opened with what?"

It's just a text file that can be opened in wordpad. It's a quick way to test your map and models without having to re-compile every second you change your code in your project. Once done testing,just save file and copy paste code into your project. I could make a set format to save to but collision parameters can change throughout your game and then having to load a collision file,I just think it's easier this way.

Quote: "ANd how about importing my own models/maps?"

All I have to do is enable the gadgets,the code is already there. I wanted people to try the prefabs first to get a feel for the editor. Bad thing is when I enable importing it will only be able to import an x file or cshop file. I believe there is still a bug I'm getting when importing so let me work on that first.

Quote: "If yes, this is a must buy. "

I can't take money for just whipping up an editor. I enjoyed doing it. If a person doesn't have the Nuclear glory Collision then this editor is useless.

Quote: "Does this work with DBC?"

I don't think it will. I don't have DBC and Nuclear glory Collision commands might be different from DBpro.
dugzilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Download here to import your own maps and models.

Attachments

Zedane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 06:57
Will this work with NGC v.3 ?...why does everybody seem to prefer 2 over 3?

around here.. normal's just a setting on a hair dryer
dugzilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Will this work with NGC v.3 ?..."

Sorry but no. Version 3 is serverely bugged and slower than 2. Version 4 will be coming out soon which is going to blow away the all previous versions. If enough people are interested in the editor I will rewrite it for version 4 when it comes out.
Deltic
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow ! This is great, please keep developing it
Deltic
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow this is great ! Keep up the good work, I'll certainly use your software

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:39:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:39:07