Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Complete newcomer to DBP with embarrasing basic question about Save Project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone - I'm the proud new owner of DB Pro package. I'm having a problem with what must be the simplest thing to do.

When writing a program I like to back up versions periodically in case I make a complete mess. I use 'save project as' and give it another name. Then I carry on coding the original source. When I go back I find both versions are identical with the new updates added. I've tried creating a new project folder and it's still happening. What's the logic here? Am I missing something very obvious?
Cookyzue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 04:04
In addition to 'save project as' use 'save source as' too. That should be what you're looking for.

MCK Games
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 09:01
Or just "save all" and it'll save both the project data (.dbpro) and the actual code (.dba).

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 13:20
Quote: "Or just "save all" and it'll save both the project data (.dbpro) and the actual code (.dba)."

and a backup file...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 13:25:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 13:25:47