Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Click and play racer creator for db classic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 06:17 Edited at: 5th Jan 2006 15:32
Hello , guys , i decided to take a breat from just starting many projects and never finishing them , so i made this and i will STICK to it untill i finish , ok so here`s the deal : (first a pic)

I first got an idea of making a simple code generator for db classic that helps in making racer (driving) games , for now it has "load model" option , "load matrix texture" option and matrix size setting.

But i`m thinking about making it usefull with turning it into a whole studio for creating driving games , in witch you can do almost the whole racer (i`f i`m locky , then the whole) , soon i`l make object positioning , and everything .

I really love this idea , and as i said i`l stick to it , so , be aware "this is !!!NOT!!! "one OF" my projects" .

Ok , for now i`m preparing the "demo" , so you can all se what i`m talking about , the "demo" will be able to generate what i said my generator can , and later versions will be able to make whole game !

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 03:01 Edited at: 6th Jan 2006 03:02
Here`s a little clearer picture to see how it looks

this version is only a simple generator witch small amount would have a use

for , so thees are the futures that this program (SHOULD) have at the end : (at the end it will be a whole program , not just a simple generator..)

*Nice ide ...
*Objects loading and VISUAL POSITIONING
*automatical collision detection
*Automatical main meny creaton (you write what you want in it in the program)
*Automatical supports for MORE cars (cars that you drive) (so it will buid a meny for choosing cars in your game..)
*Car phisics settings (speed , steering , maby drag and stuff like that..)

(more features comming untill end for SURE)
--------------------------------------------------------
As i said i`l work on this one untill i finish it eaven if it turns out bad
--------------------------------------------------------

You will be able to build ALMOST the WHOLE DRIVING GAME in it , but you will have to code your events yourselve (except MABY , JUST MABY you will be able to set check points and time to reach them VISUALY in my program , in that case you would be able to make a whole check point racer in it , yourselve !_
--------------------------------

Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 03:20
Quote: "Hello , guys , i decided to take a breat from just starting many projects and never finishing them , so i made this and i will STICK to it untill i finish , ok so"

thats what you said last 6 projects you started... all of them within the last 2 days no less..

formerly KrazyJimmy
Zedane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 03:29
you know what i'm wondering? What that little <B> Icon at the top of the program stands for. If you really made it wouldn't you use your own icon?

I dunno if its just me or something, but when I make C++ programs (or anything for that matter), i usually do the icon stuff last...

I notice all his windows/screenshots seem to have that, and that B,and all his programs look remarkably the same.

And if i remember correctly, he said that he makes his stuff in C++, and just uses DBP as an engine.

Just thinkings all.

around here.. normal's just a setting on a hair dryer
White Mail Revived
Years of Service
User Offline
That is because he used JustBasic to make it. (www.justbasic.com) That is the default icon for all projects, kida like the pyramid in DarkBasic.

Dodic-
I would like to see how this turns out.(as long as it isn't like some other things you've posted, you should be fine.) You should eventually code it to, if they want it to, spit out the code generated straight to the DB compiler.(only in DBP I think) This would eliminate the middle man(like in FPS creator) and would put your program in a different catagory than the other programs people have attempted to make things like this(game code generators). Just remember things or only worth what you put in to them.

1% done... [href]www.x-streamsystems.tk[/href]
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 05:30
Bok!

Today I am going to pretend to be your doctor. I am prescribing you a week's vacation from these forums to work on a project of your choice and when the week is over then you can post your results, if any?

Posting up as many projects as you have in the last week reminds me of a wild animal terrorizing a city. This community needs or not a .

Sretno, Dodic!

Zedane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 05:44
White Mail Revived - I knew he was using something other than C++, oh well by the time i actually decide that it might be worth my time to look (IN ANY SECTION) for his posts (have a 1/3 chance), he will probably have edited his posts to say "I use Just Basic"

around here.. normal's just a setting on a hair dryer
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 00:21
Well i did said i KNOW how to use c++ and i use it for some stuff , but i DO USE JUST BASIC for ide making becouse it`s a hell lot easier with freeform gui editor.

@White Mail Revived :
I think i will do a full rewrite on the gui and whole program , becouse i want to make it more like visual game creator than just generator...

@Torrey :
Good last sentance there...

@OddMind :
yeah , well what`s the point of saying it , maby i SHOULD go from this forums and post my db related projects elsewhere , yeah i`l take a little break for posting much , i`l maby make a few replyes , but you`r right , i souldn`t post anymore.

(AND I WILL FINISH IT BECOUSE I`M RELATED TO IT AS I AM TO SHARK BASIC , AND YOU KNOW I ALMOUST FINISHED SHARK BASIC , AND I`M WORKING CONSTANTLY ON IT)

TKsFox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 13:46
In my opinion this isnt actually an "Click and play racer creator for db classic" - u should start recoding with a simple file format made urself. so u have an editor where u just drive around and the car spawns checkpoints I m waiting for a app like that a few years now. So that would be awesome

It's me...
new programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 19:07
hmm...

i thought you meant drag-and-drop. like game maker...

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, dumbo, you are going overboard with your avatar.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia-Fear of long words
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 23:15
Quote: "In my opinion this isnt actually an "Click and play racer creator for db classic" - u should start recoding with a simple file format made urself. so u have an editor where u just drive around and the car spawns checkpoints I m waiting for a app like that a few years now. So that would be awesome."

You mean like visual editor something like fps creator in witch you just "draw" your track and checpoints , choose model for car , or use already existant and drive amidiatly ?

IF so , yes i`m making some sort of thing like that i decided to give this program a FULL REWRITE (possibly , very possibly all in DARK BASIC) , so yes , if i have some luck , you will soon have it

TKsFox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 19:47
Nope.

I mean a game which is even more simple. But funny.

U r on a randomly generated matrix.
And got 3 keys or more to place objects
everytime u do a hard corner of after a given interval it creates a checkpoint at ur actual position. With the 3 hotkeys u can place a ramp or a corner or w/e u want in front of ur car.
Then when u reach the start again the track will be saved.

After that u can race against sum bots

It's me...
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 04:12
hm..interesting idea !

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 05:28
ok , so as i maby have said , i`m remaking it fully in db .

So here`s what it looks like so far :

soon you will be able to insert , objects , cars , checkpoints , and to texture you`r track , and to put the track out of road parts..

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 20:27 Edited at: 17th Jan 2006 03:25
ok , i made many progress in code , and little progress in look...

it`s going fast , and going good (so far...)

i will now go quietly and work on it , and open a new thread WHEN it`s operatable !

With Racer generator you will be easily able to put track , checpoints , cars , set up preferences , Set up world with ease..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:25:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:25:11