Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / editor and manual

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there an updated editor. Ive had DBpro for about a year and am put off using it because the supplied editor is bug ridden. I would like to use the debugger, use watches and fold functions etc without crashing the system. Also is there a better manual. There is a #global command I have discovered but a search in the manual fails to find it. How many more items have I missed. Please help I would like to use DBpro instead of my usual Delphi 7.

Note I have tried "blue" but not impressed.
TKsFox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 19:35
Just check the main page - the actual DBP is 5.9

There were also a fed editor changes i think.

But i think DB can't really replace Delphi, C++ or VB
DB was created for some smaller games. Not these games like WoW or CS.

Delphi and the other professional tools were made to create commercial software.

(Correct me if i m wrong)

It's me...
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 22:45
Many people are making their own editors and I can't wait to test them all out... but most aren't close to finishing. Most of us use BlueIDE because it's the most stable of all the IDEs available. One of the versions of BlueIDE came with a better help file than the separate webpages. It was put together by a guy named Bruce Atkinson... it's real easy to search for text using a .chm help file.

"Global" and "local" are conditions not commands.

This is a quote from the help files (Data Types, Variables and Arrays):
Quote: "You can also declare arrays as global or local. Global arrays are the ones you are familiar with, and can be accessed by any part of the program. Local arrays can only be accessed by the function in which it was created. It is important to note that the global array must be delcared at the top of the main source code of the program as arrays are dynamically created only when the DIM command is executed. Placing DIM commands at the top of included source code will not dynamically create the array unless it lies within a subroutine called from the main program.
"

I've attached the .chm help file. When 6.0 comes out I hope TGC make a .chm help file with the new commands/updates rather than the old way.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Timber
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all the help and download.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 13:25:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 13:25:54