Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Own Models In FPSCreator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone. Recently I have been playing around with FPSCreator and I was wondering how I get my own modeling into it...

I have the diret x (.x) file and the picture (.bmp) file ready. I just need to know how to get the fpe file. I heard from someone to just copy the fpe file from a object that is close to mine but that did not work. I can place the object in but it does not show up when I play the level.

Please reply as soon as you can with the the exact steps to beable to put my own models into FPSCreator.

Thank you everyone.

Ediseye
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 08:03
i'd like to know the EXACT SAME THING...
Maybe there is an exporter or something?

Now you can't call colors violent can you?
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 09:33
Here's a basic tutorial that might help

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=66065&b=24
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 19:36 Edited at: 8th Jan 2006 00:38
Well, the linked helped some but they should let you know how to do it with any object...not just a example.

I still can't figure it out.

Ediseye
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 03:00
Uhhh, it, doesnt matter. All it needs to be is in .x format....

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 08:54
What object are you trying to use? Most entity's work the way in that tutorial. Weapons and Character's dont and quite a few of us are still trying to figure the way they do work, myself included.

Good luck.

Tal
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
I was trying to use a object that I created in a 3D modeling program. I just made a couple objects to test it. I got a low-poly shield, sword, and a farm fence.

I followed the tutorial, entered all my own information where it had the examples infp, and it just did not work.

I don't know why but I think tha Lee or someone should put something like this inside of the manual.

Ediseye
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 21:33
Its alittle difficult to put in a manual because of the diffrent modeling software been used, such as Milkshape, Fragmotion and 3DS Max. Maybe if you show us what you tried creating and with what program a few of us here may be able to help.

Tal
Sillybear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 21:51
need a FPE file to for your Model Iv beenw orking on a few things and I added a Nameofmodel.FPE plus a BMP file of a capture model seem to work

But im a newbie still but learning

I maybe wrong okay Pros your turn

Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, that information did not help much. Like I said, I just wish Lee would make some kind of thing in the manual or by putting a tutorial by him on their website...

Please Lee!!!

Ediseye
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright guys. Sorry I have not been posting but I've been a little bus.

Talairina: Attached is a picture of a example. I might try and put it in. IT is just call Coffee Cup and it is relitivly low-poly. This is what I am trying to put on a desk or something. Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks everyone!

Ediseye

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 15:52 Edited at: 16th Jan 2006 15:53
Okay

the FPE file is a file which tells FPSC where to find the relevant information to display your custom media.

Look at an FPE

It shows location links to x. files, textures etc.

Put your x file and textures in FPSC in a sensible and relevant folder.

Then change the fpe file to reflect where the objects are.

BOOYAKASHA

EDIT - Oh yeah, and change the name of the fpe too.

BEST BET - look at the fpe's that already reside in FPSC. See how the structure works and copy that ethos. It'll take a bit of fiddlin` - but you WILL get it

DAB Studios
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll try it and I'll let you know if it works out for me.

Thanks for the help.

Ediseye
himynameisali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 20:31
Quote: "BOOYAKASHA"

Racist.

Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I have looked at the .fpe file and al but it still down not make sense to the average person. Some of it does but it would take like 3 days to get one model in. (Not including modeling time)

Its a shame that people like me can model pretty well but can not get there items of quality inside of a game that they would like to produce (or help produce) one day.

Lee or Richard, is there any chance of either one of you creating a simple tutorial that would come with FPSCreator? The turotail should state how to get a model into the game, set its settings, and make it move and all. It should also be simple like the program itself

So any chance???

Thanks.

Ediseye
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee? Chris???

Ediseye
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 01:23 Edited at: 20th Jan 2006 01:27
Don't hold your breath. Lee and Chris don't hang around here. But a lot of other people have successfully gotten their models in FPSC.

Mabuggi gave you some good tips to get started. Look at an FPE file, most of the fields are pretty self explanatory. If you want just a static model then you really only have to concern yourself with a few fields. Open up one of the FPE's from one of the entitybank furniture folders. Now change the "model" field to point to your model (in .x format). Now change the "textured" field to point to the model's texture. Rename the FPE and that's it. If you have the FPE, model, and texture then that is ALL you need to get your model into FPSC.

Now if you have other questions like how to make it move or animate then that is really a modeling question and doesn't have anything to do with FPSC.

And once you get the hang of this, most of the other fields in the FPE file are explained in the manual.

Check out my site at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 03:29 Edited at: 20th Jan 2006 03:32
Thank you for your help bond but I just thought to myself, if I want to put my own stuff in, I'll have to animate things, texture things, and everything. To much work.

Thank you for all your help everyone but I am now looking for a side job with game development in DarkBASIC where I can model static objects.

Thanks again bond and everyone else.

Ediseye

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 12:19:30
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 12:19:30