Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Armoured dragon {3d shoot'm up}

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 21:24 Edited at: 7th Jan 2006 21:35
Warning:
This game contains Strong amounts of violence, gore, strong language, user's must be 18+ for demo depending on local laws. Demo isn't out yet though

This time i'm going to take more than the normal 4 hours to create a game =P, so i'll give it my best.

Concept art for the main character

Screenshot of the game as it is... only 1 level so far, still being updated though.

Hmm gotta love anim8or soo easy to use...
doing the actual object animations within Discreets 3ds max 7.0

Game Info:
You're a bounty hunter, 3 main arenas
a shop in the main menu, allowing you to edit your character, depending on how much money you've earned.

Unlock new weapons by buying them in the shop.
Weapons include

Dragonion Blade - a long knife
Spear - a long staff like weapon (looks like a tridant)
LPP - a small Pistol, requires charging no ammo limit though
RPP - an automated Pistol, required ammo, rapid fire....
Nade - a small prepelled explosive device.
RL - a large prepelled explosive device
SR - Sniper Rifle

I'll probably update this when i've progressed a good bit further.

3 different view ports to use.
1.) 1st person
2.) 3rd person
3.) cinema mode

soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 21:33
Quote: "user's must be 18+ for demo depending on local laws."

lol, does that mean most of the community (I'm guessing most users are under 18) can't play the demo?

Looks good so far. Good luck.

*Attempts to think of witty and original signature*
*Fails*
Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 21:47
I like the model, very cool looking

Preorder EA here:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=67575&b=8&p=0
+ Model Pro out now in Program Announcements!
Zedane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 22:36
I know i sure (*shouldn't) play the game. But if it is really popular..then..as long as its just violence i might give it a try.

around here.. normal's just a setting on a hair dryer
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 22:42
I can't wait for a demo
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 00:58
Now when has a violence warning stopped any of us? ^_^

I say, the more gore, the better...

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
Zedane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 01:07
yep the only thing to worry bout is parents popping in, at..bad times in the game.

around here.. normal's just a setting on a hair dryer
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
soapyfish <- the community have some over 18's so that makes what 2 people that can play the game i like to have a wide audience

Kangaroo2 BETA2 <- hmm well I suppose the model aint bad for my first try at creating a low poly char

Zedane <- it's more than violence, u forgot gore, and strong language

Hawkeye <- u've just reminded me to start work on a special effect for when you kill something =D

Update, i'm sorta impressed with my improvements for the day.
So far i've worked on this game for 2-3 hours, and now i'm off work for the next 2 days Wohoo.

For those 2-3 hours i've gotten done:
Level 1 design complete
Character Design
Character model complete
Level 1 complete
3rd person prespective complete

Collistion detection completed, don't even have to look at it for any of the new levels

Weapons:
Dragonion Blade finished
doing the rest now before i go to bed...

Ideas on the side:
Any comments much appreciated
The ability to jump off and onto trees - might be hard to do but what the hell -
Health crates, ammo crates - they'll be included after the guns etc..

Monsters:
Forest - random sheep and cows hehe
Factory - Small various robots
Laboratory - Genetic experiments gone wrong, sorta like resident evil's "lickers" at least i think that's what they're called

Monsters are not the main target though, they're just there to make the game more interesting.

Each level will have a unique set of characters roaming around with different AI smartness, this one will probably take the longest...

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 05:09
Looks very cool! The speed at which you develop games is always impressive.

I love the main character. Very original-looking.

I'm sure you realize though, that an age warning will hardly stop most teens under 18 from trying it out.

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 12:58 Edited at: 8th Jan 2006 12:59
Bizar Guy <-- thanks, but this time as i said, i'll be taking my time the full game will be released around May time 'hopefully'... i know a long time ahead... probably be releasing a demo of it though once i hav most of the bugs fixed and main game functions done.

I may have a working demo released by the end of this month thats if i keep on track with the project planner =P.

Things left to do:
Animations
Blood / Gore
Chat Box

Monsters
Bullet code
Monster AI

Computer players
Computer AI

*Monsters and computer players are two different things in this game, monsters are random animals about the arena, computer players are your actual opponents*

a Unique menu
the plan is to have a room you can walk around and select various things such as shop, arena, options, exit.

and much much much more....

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 16:21
heh, violence, and gore, sounds fun!

can't wait for the demo, i always like mercenary games

"We make the worst games in the universe..."
new programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 00:57
nice models, you made them in ANIM8OR?????????

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 07:43 Edited at: 10th Jan 2006 07:56
Peter -> thanks for the comment ^-^

Dumbo -> yep they were all created within Anim8or it's kinda annoying sometimes though the textures don't work or stay on the models... when i import them into DBC. But i just wanna prove any1 can make a good game with only freeware programs - aside from buying DBC -

The following image was rendered using different software for lighting effects.

Update to game:
I had 2 hours free today ^-^ wohoo
Put in an enemy within the first arena,
AI = Search mode 75% complete, going to change it a bit to make it a bit smarter...

Also put in a bunny and put in some way points so it bounces around the place.

Dragon character now animated
Created Dragon Skeleton warrior..., also animated
Created Cyclops will probably animate him tommorow if i get any free time...

I also now have a brand new set of weapons for the main character.

Might start work on the shop after arena 1 is completly finished.

Any ideas or questions are appreciated and will probably be anwsered if i have any free time

Really not too enthusiastic about putting this bit up... but it's to give some notice. Hmm wonder if it's against the rules to post this up here... *checking rules*
Additional note, hybrid wolves may be recruiting near the end of this project, salary is paid when a task is complete, and by a task i don't mean make some tea, "thats 100 pound please..." Payed via PayPal.

Generally be looking for sound artists *A person who can create music AND sounds for our games* cause my cat's getting a bit tired from me using it for sounds... as some of u may know from my previous projects

Extra Programmers - not required yet, i seem to be doing fine =P
Modelers - already have 1 extra person for helping out
Testers - 1 tester so far, and boy... does she complain allot...

Warning - i'm a hard ass to work for, tight with money, if u don't get the work done in time i get angry

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 14:21
Quote: "Generally be looking for sound artists *A person who can create music AND sounds for our games* cause my cat's getting a bit tired from me using it for sounds... as some of u may know from my previous projects"

*waves hand*

gimmie a bit of time and I'll gather up some demos of gamestyle music I've done... in the meantime, take a look here -> [href]www.ctgmusic.com/provos[/href]

Sound effects, I can probably handle also, although I don't have any demos for that. Menu effects are easy, but for anything else i.e. gunshots/footsteps I'd have to take something freeware off the net and smash it up so it's unrecconizeable...

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
I took a look then took a listen. Gotta admit some good music you have there.

Quote: "gimmie a bit of time and I'll gather up some demos of gamestyle music I've done"
Well don't keep me waiting too long...

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 14:23 Edited at: 11th Jan 2006 14:23
Here's a bunch of random tunes I grabbed a quick cut of and tossed together... about 20-60 seconds apice, just enough for you to get the general idea. Bitrate cut down to 64kbips for size and demo purposes, final versions were of course delievered at whatever rate the dude wanted 'em at. You've got nasty dnb I did for gc, some hiphop beatz I did for Flynn, and a bunch of misc. blackout tunes

===> http://www.provosmusic.com/music/tehsamplez0rz.rar <===

Enjoy

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 09:25 Edited at: 12th Jan 2006 09:27
Update:

Got in some basic AI, some guns, still have to do the bullet code, and i almost forgot the water for this arena Deciding at the moment, should there be more than 1 computer player per level or more.. max would be 8 players, min being 2, 1 human and at least 1 comp. Argh... i'll test out both to see which one is more fun.

Hawkeye <- that b some nice sample music *pats him on the head* I'd say I could probably use your skills in this project.

*Additional - views lack of suggestions*
Don't all try and give ideas all at once now, granted you only have a brief description of the game and a few screenies but hmm... maybe releasing a "small" demo of the game might get some possitive feedback?

BTW the reason the screenie doesn't show a cross-hair, it's an upgrade to your weapons, later you get a red laser for aiming =D

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Dumbo -> yep they were all created within Anim8or it's kinda annoying sometimes though the textures don't work or stay on the models... when i import them into DBC. But i just wanna prove any1 can make a good game with only freeware programs - aside from buying DBC -"

Don't you use Lithunwrap to texture the models? The textures will work fine then.

Fneep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 10:58
By saying that the game is 18+ has just ensured that every and all underage users of this forum shall play this game. Clever, anyway, I dont think that just violence and gore will make it 18+. Think about it, anybody seen the game Manhunt? MA15+! GTA Vice City? MA15+! That is, the MA version

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
I've done out allot of the characters etc.., also did a few other top secret things for this game.

BTW, this game has allot of twists but is mainly based around being a first person shooter... sorta

An Explanation of the following image:
Well *back to the name of the game "Armoured Dragon"* it's basically a big red killing machine you can unlock at the very end of the game. Only un-lockable if you ... *keep that secret for later * anyway there are a couple mecha battles every so often allowing you to win some serious cash, meaning you'll have to win allot of smaller 1st person missions.

This mecha will be the cheapest and easiest to get within the game they can be upgraded blah blah blah...

Bush Baby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 22:25
Coo0ool

||Secretive project: ||18.5% complete. || Rewrite: 3rd || Genre: Adventure || Having difficulties with progressing. I feel stuck.||
Sho Ryu Ken
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool robots and dragon and swearing and high-tech weaponry. Me likes!
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, *feels even more enspired to make it now*
I'm thinking of re-making the main character though, adding in some giant black wings or something to that extent.

Characters Completed and Animated:
Dragon
Orc
Cyclops
Skeleton

Monsters Completed and animated:
Chicken
Bunny

Weapons
All completed... just gotta fix up the bullet code to make it faster.

*********To be done*********
Characters:
Zombie
Warewolf
Vampire
mecha
Blob -{You can probably guess what that is...}-
Maybe some more if I can think of any...

Levels
Approx 2-5 more arena's
Approx 5 battle arena's for the mech battles

I'll add the next screenie when i have all the characters created and animated. Just one opinion wanted, should i keep the dragon character the same way, or put on the wings... hmmm

Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 17:56
I like the mech wolf he looks wellard

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 21:00
Quote: "I like the mech wolf he looks wellard"

Tut tut, watching too many Eastenders (No doubt he's been murdered 3 times and come back to life to murder 5 others, like all the other characters do )

This project looks pretty kewl, nice and stylish models, keep up the work dude

"I want to put a bullet through my head everytime I think of you!!!"- Slayer
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Eastenders "

GAHHH! I'm glad they took that show off BBC America because there weren't enough viewers. Anyways the concept of this game sounds rather interesting, will love to see more.

Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2006 12:40
lol he looks well'ard, not LIKE wellard the dog Eastenders is depressing, except the occasional fit girl they employ now and again

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2006 19:40 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2006 19:47
We got some good funding for this project , i'm going to have to go full force into this game making it all it can be! RARR *the sound of ambition *

wellard the dog from estenders haha... it made me laugh so i decided to stick up an early teaser shot of the characters.

Most of the characters are completed, just the zombie left to do.

Think of it as a teaser

Other than that I've not done much on this project, had to finish a software request... to get some more money for this project ^-^ but it's all sailing very well.

Hawkeye I even sent u an e-mail tisk tisk no reply, I liked the sample music. Definitally going to use ye at the end of the project. Just need a price range for how much your looking for. We have all the sounds sorted at the moment, just need music. Approx 7 different style music tracks would b required. I'll have more details on that at a later date, no work for you just yet .

When they're is more avaliable jobs for this project i'll b sure to post something up .

Kangaroo2 BETA2
Seppuku Arts
Cian Damacy

Thanks for the inspiration, hmm for the credits i'll obviously include every1 that posts a message, i expect some constructive feedback though to give me ideas of what can be improved or added to the game. E.g. character ideas

Flindiana Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2006 19:57
Hmm..character ideas...how about a fish in a tank! Or maybe some sort of troll...also, I'm not sure I like the idea of strong language. That is pointless, and adds NOTHING to the game. Whatsoever. Gore and Violence I can handle, but bad language makes me wince, not like the game, and probably not listen to it ever. And maybe just not play it. I loved FSParatroopers, and this looks very good aside from the language. Keep up the good coding! And yes, Hawkeye roxors!

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2006 21:56 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2006 21:57
The vamp looks... seductive.

Weird, I never got that email, probally ended up in my spam folder along with the 68 amazing enlargement offers. If I took all of those offers and put 'em together I would have a bangbangboogerblast about 20 inches long and 9 inches wide.

Anyhow, I just finished working out some details with Knight over msn, we sorted out some stuff and this project is slotted #1 priority in the studio. Should have something by the weekend. Stay tuned

Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 00:41
Winged Dragons / Flying sections would be a good idea for some parts of the game maybe? If thats not suitable for the main character design, maybe he could ride on one?

PS Hawkeye's music is really good! If you need more tunes there's also some free mp3s available for royalty free use in games that I made in the Program Announcement boards if you need more for otehr levels etc. I'm not suggesting you use them instead or anything stupid, Hawkeye's really got a talent for music

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2006 15:10 Edited at: 26th Jan 2006 15:11
Flindiana Jones -> Got me thinking i might be able to make a -Kid mode- more user friendly, gawd it's like being back in college "your not allowed to put in that sort of content in ur assignments, go change it now!"

What i love about making games is the simple fact i can make them to my imagination with no limitations. I don't mind changing parts of it though i'll just add *BEEPS* when strong language is on =D thanks for the comment.

Kangaroo2 BETA2 -> but of course you can expect a few mini-games like that within the game. I'm trying to get the main part of the game done first though, then add in the rest, and hopefully keep updating until the game is well... @ its best

----Other News about the game development----
*Hawkeye has some good music in the works
*I've finished all my other software projects for other clients so i've got some free time now
*Planning on having up to 30 playable characters.
*Only 1 story mode in which you work the dragon character
*Unlockable skirmish levels
*Unlockable items, from cursor to weapons
...and much more =D

*Multiplayer feature* this is a bit iffy... at the moment, i'd need testers blah blah, so i'll save this feature to version 2.0 of the game. Hopefully having deathmatch, CTF, Mecha Duel, Space Battle, and verious other multiplayer tpyes.

I'm currently working on a new website for hybridwolves... argh it's going to take a while...

Bush Baby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2006 15:46
Maybe near the last level/mission(whatever), you could stick in a mirror of the player. So like it'd mimic you, look like you, fight like you, but it has a dirty secret. A Mech-Dog thing and Super lighting blast!
*shrug*
Just a dumb idea from me.

"I will gladly admit I was owned."
Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2006 19:26
"but of course you can expect a few mini-games like that within the game" Cooooool!

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 15:57 Edited at: 10th Feb 2006 06:07
DEVELOPMENT ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, argh don't like putting that up but oh wel..., i'm only going to have like 10 minutes per day to work on this game T_T it really saddens me to have so little time for side projects.

{Edited once more ^-^, i don't like re-posting...} Anyway i'm going ahead and completing the AI, so far i've had a couple stabs at it, so far i've got the Computers to walk around collecting ammo and health crates shooting the other players etc.. etc.., just need to get them to be a bit.. ahh 'smarter'

I have not been doing the same things i did with my other games so i've started to use a project planner professtional gettn

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 17:18 Edited at: 13th Feb 2006 20:57
Update:
Started some work on the first mini-game for it:

Was playing star fox when i got the idea for it ^-^, also I'm still waiting on the cage complex to release his hyper nova game... which is looking superb, thats where some of the inspiration came to make this mini-game

Things to do in the mini-game
Add Enemies
Add Hud
Add More levels

Any requests for a mini-game go for it

Side notes:
May make this mini-game into a full game
Polys In Screen: 2045
FPS: 59/60

The enemies will probably take up allot of the polys later on...

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
nice particle effects dude!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:16:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:16:33