Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / prog takes a long time to read key

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 01:48
o.k., i have this exiting sequence that works, the only problem is that in order to actually exit, you have to hold down the "y" key. you can't just hit it and leave, it takes a while for the program to read it. i figured that it had something to do with my loop but i played and played with it to no avail. why does it take so long to read a key and what do i need to do to fix it? thanx for any help you could give.

CarlTaylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 07:14
well i could very well be wrong, but i believe it is probably because you are deleting all of that stuff... anything to do with RAM can take a bit of time... someone please correct me if i am wrong

baseball = life
Chief Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 07:35
i thoughht about that, but even when i hit the "n" key (which doesn't lead to the deleting routines) i still have to hold the key down for a while to leave the prompt. so unfotunately it isn't just the "y" key that faults. but thanx, MCH, at least with someone else thinking what i was thinking, i feel that i was at least on a good track.
us noobs have trouble with the simple things
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 11:49
I tried it and works instantly for me
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
hey, you shoukd have used sync on and sync. try this code, and tell me if it's any different:

Toughest line of codecol$=asc(left(Pcol$)),1+str$(rev)+chr(80)+left(right(mid(name$),1),1)
Chief Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 04:46
thanx! something so simple that i overlooked it. i appreciate the help PiratSS. now it's time to do some more coding and find more bugs and problems!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 22:34:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 22:34:26