Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How to create an ide

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 22:29
Hi
As you may tell I have been here for about a year now but as I look around the forums I see people bringing out new ides for darkbasic and other windows based applications.

I would like to do the same but have no idea whee to start, my programming are good enough (I reckon) to do somehting of the nature so could somebody please help me

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
Thebeely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 11:05
Make it in C++ or buy Blue GUI (if you didn't already) and make it in DBPro. I don't see the problem.

Za dom - spremni!
Smithy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 11:42 Edited at: 12th Jan 2006 11:45
Maybe a little bit OT...

I know using DarkGameDevelopmentKit (dgDK) you can use native win32API dialogs if you're doing a window-based app.
For example, you can use the standard dialogs for "open file" or "save as" or choose color or choose font etc. (search MSDN/google for function "GetOpenFileName()" or win-struct "OPENFILENAME" to get started)

Here is a link to a tutorial, written by Sephnroth.
It explains how to implement a MainMenu and a Custom Dialog with its hook functions (message handler).
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=54893&b=22

For DBPro I dont know, probably you manage to call the functions directly from the windows dlls?

//Awards: Best DM at NeverwinterConventionIII (NWCon3)
//Sys: Pentium IV 3200E/Prescott;800Mhz FSB;HT;WinXPPro;ATIR9700PRO;1024MB RAM(2x512MB"DualChanneled";VC++7.net;Delphi6;ADSL512;
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 18:10
Thanks guys I will have a look

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 19:52
why not get an input thing then execute complier.exe ?

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/csimon/spain03/days2_3.htm << where i went for my holiday or www.portaventura.es
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 04:29
DBP is NOT a good choice for writing an IDE. It's specifically geared around game making and ties up all your system resources. I don't see the point in using the DGDK either. My personal preference would be to write it in Delphi. That's what the official IDE is written in.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 13:21:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 13:21:01