Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / can i get some help with RPG? i have the core of it

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 05:27 Edited at: 11th Jan 2006 05:28
hello everyone!

I have been working on this RPG for a while now and i have collision and
some other cool stuff implemented like naming your character and it is a pretty
good engine currently. The things i want to add next are:

(1) jumping
(2) make it so when you click with left mouse button your sword (pike.x) moves down and then back up.
(3) create collision with enemys so you lose health.
(4) (Not completely needed), but it be nice to get better collision cause mine sucks.

I was working on an RPG before but i stopped and made a PONG and SNAKE game.
so i am ready to start back up at it.
here is my current source:

(i used Lee Bambers menu code )

If you could help with any of my 4 needs, well 3 needs 1 want , It would
be so much appriciated.

thank you so much in advanced,
-Marlin Studios

O
M
G!
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 15:42
such a shame your using pro, lol
as far a jumping is concerned you want to use varibles to determine if the player is on the ground and if so then allow them to gradually jump to a certain height before gradually falling back down again, or something along that line.

now collision should be pretty simple.... just make a collision box/sphere whenever you create an object for that object then use a 'for-next' loop to determine if there has been any collision between the enemies and player, i.e.

as for the movement of the sword, do you have an animation program? because you could simply animate your model, or are you just looking for the sword to rotate as a seperate model?
again i would use varibles and simply keep rotating the pike untill it gets to a certain degree, then back again. this would be very similar to the jumping code.

**note**
jumping and weapon rotation is done gradually over time and not all in one do-loop, incase anyone reading this misunderstood what i meant.

hope this helps a little maybe... sorry but i can't run your code as 1. there isn't any media and 2. i only use classic.
if u do require any more help, or even feedback, maybe u could post an .exe file?

life's one big game
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 23:31
well, i saw you other thread first, regarding collision, so...

check it out here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=69291&b=7

My Modest System:
Athlon XP1800+, Windows XP+SP2, Soyo K7V Dragon+ MB, 1.5Gb 333 RAM, ATI Radeon 8700LT (128Mb), Drivers and Updates Kept Current

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 13:24:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 13:24:08