Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / just converted to dbpro...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 02:12 Edited at: 13th Jan 2006 23:04
Hey, I've decided to convert my game old school to dbpro, and I'm finding that a lot has stopped working...
First I'm using dbpro 5.8, converting my game from dbc 1.3

Mainly, I have two huge issues. First is that the set object command is no longer working, and that my gravity which worked perfectly in dbc now has no effect in dbpro.

First, I'm using set object (object number),1,0,1. In dbc this made the black invisible on my textured objects, which is basically how I've done all the graphics for my game. In dbpro, it does nothing, although it appears that it should. ??
EDIT:Ignore this first one, I figured it out.

Next my gravity from dbc... posy#=object position y(1) : playergrav#=playergrav#-0.18 : posy#=posy#+playergrav#
well that's about the size of it anyways... In dbc this gives me great gravity that I can easily manipulate, but in dbpro, it does absolutely nothing. ??

PLEASE HELP! I'm not exactly a newcomer, but I think this is definitely the board to this in.

Muncher
Years of Service
User Offline
If i were you, i wouldn't use the : symbol, it complicates things. It would help a lot if you could give the block (not line, block) of code that we (me and others) could test out ourselves.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 13:34:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 13:34:45