Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Horry Gorry Screenshot

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 12:58
Well Pencil Whiped not its with:
Pie In The Sky 3D
as what i remember..

but horry gorry will be made with FPSC

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 13:42
Disturbing 13 used the same engine for his zombie game a while ago.

-Stavros the Zombie Slayer- Coming Summer 2006
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 22:13
is that engine easy?

(Sorry for that but i like to try getting it)

(its not old yet)
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 22:54
Pie in the Sky? *shudders* that engine came to a bad end...

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 02:52
I think from seeing people stealing ideas, ill have to copy right any thing i make so i can sue people who steal ideas from my projects.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 05:59
what was stolen?

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Anatoly
Years of Service
User Offline
Everything is copyrighted from the moment you make it. It's that simple!

Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun
Opus Games
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Lon - Looking foward to seeing more of your new project, looking good so far. Played Pencil Whipped when it first came out, think I saw it featured in Edge?

@ Higgins / Anatoly - Traditionally all you needed to do was send yourself a registered letter containing whatever docs you wanted protected, that still works to some degree but with so much digital content floating around these days the law is playing catch-up. Theoretically anything you put up on your website (UK) is automatically protected under UK law.

Sorry for the apparent hijacking of your thread Lon.

Cheers, OG.
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 22:23
Thanks everyone. Here's another screenshot of some early progress in "the shroom room" I need to add some more detail other than the stock square FPSC room though. I'm getting sick of the square rooms. Also I think I'll make the mushroom enemies tiny and have them pop up out of the ground and attack with spores that make a transparent HUD image cover the screen, like your under the influence.

Lon

[url=http://www.chiselbrain.com]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 23:10
The shroom room rocks.

I don't build levels for the money, I do it as a hobby.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2006 09:10
Nice details LON!

this will be as great as Pencils Whiped!

(its not old yet)
Davy B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 12:39
Hi Lon i checked out you snapshots and completed the first Pencil Whiped game, looks relly great, will you be making a demo of Pencil Whiped 2 soon?
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 05:06 Edited at: 15th Mar 2006 05:25
Here's another one. I thought it was a nice perspective shot.

It'll be a while before I make a demo. With this sequel, I'm going to release a demo only when its done. I plan on making Horry Gorry a 5 level game so it shouldn't be too long for a demo, however custom content (art, animation, models, coreography) takes alot of trial and error to get right. I'm really waiting for a save feature though. My 13 yr old son who is a big gamer like myself gets owned by this game and he's a CS BF2 maniac. He was actually shocked at how hardcore it is. I told him not to be a pussy.

Depends on how it all goes though. My plan right now is to try to sell it on Steam. When I was in the IGF with the first PW, I was offered the opportunity by Valve to sell it on Steam. I've talked with Gabe before about PW. I'm hoping the offer still stands. (if the game is good enough)

Lon

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 05:40
Sweet Lon, I've been watching Horry Gorry and I hope selling it on Steam will be a success. Keep making those humor-filled levels. Though I have a question, do you get to kill King MuggaFugga himself?
Spox Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 05:43
This is so unique and fresh to see, not like any of the titles coming out(inculding mine), did you just re texture the segs? its really cool and I really wanna play it! steam you say ausome!!

I will be here when im there when there is there on a saturday afternoon there
bsgamemaker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 11:21
Hello Lon.

Just wanted to know did you have any success with making your own custom visual effects in FPSC? By that I mean have you found a way to import your custom decals and not have a black background while the animation is playing? This has been a tuff issue when I'm creating visual effects because the black keeps showing up. The software that I have right now for visual effects is Paint Shop Pro 8, Texturemaker, and Exgen( Particle Creation Software).

All in all what are the steps to creating good decals?
Thanks in advance for any answers you may have.
Also I'm impressed with what you brought out of Fpsc in creating Horry Gorry.
I'm not one to play hard core games, but this looks really impressive and comical.

Thank You!!
Anatoly
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Lon! Selling it is a good idea - I'm in line as a future customer for sure! The thing is that steam is not all that great. Can there be an alternative source? Like btmicro or shareit? Other people are using that and I find it much more pleasant and easier to buy from them than to use steam at all!
Also, I wanted to ask - was there any progress at all on the Reality Factory version of PW? Did you actually add any hot features?
And you do get to kill MuggaFugga if I'm correct judging by the sounds from the original PW demo!

Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 03:22 Edited at: 17th Mar 2006 03:24
Yes, you will fight King MuggaFugga. However, I wouldn't actually call it a fight...Lets just say he has a dress he wants you to wear and....well, just hide.

You can do transparent black in FPSC but I haven't had much luck with segments. It does work with entities though. With segments you will probably have to use an alpha mask png image. FPSC doesn't handle alpha masks with TGA very well, so use png. I gave up on using decals for animated entities. Instead, I make flat 3d models for animations that you would expect decals to handle. Just make a script to have them always face the player.

The reason I'm shooting for Steam is the absolutely huge customer base. Plus, I like the guys at Valve. They were just like us at one time.

Lon

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 08:11
Will this game have the same anoying black circles screaming in your ears???

(its not old yet)
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 15:33
Nope. No floating evil black balloons in this one. This sequel will have many new enemies, and only a few re-appearances from the first one. Bennie, the skinny dude wearing the striped shirt with the huge knife that has a speech impediment will be back. I just like him too much.

Lon

Davy B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 17:28
will there be more then 1 gun to use?
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 19:15
Quote: "will there be more then 1 gun to use? "

Absolutely.

brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 19:43
When can you post new screenies or teasers?
Anatoly
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Bennie, the skinny dude wearing the striped shirt with the huge knife that has a speech impediment will be back."

Yeah! He is awesome! But what about mice? I thought they were very cool! And Jasper? And the pooping-flying-medusa-thing? Oh, nevermind... They are all sooo cool! Whatever you do - I know it will be awesome!!! I'm your biggest fan!

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 02:14
Oh man I hated those mini guys, so hard to hit those little beast-erds.LOL

JEEZ!You people just STFU! You waste more space complaining about people wasting space than the people your bashing! Man, I thought I had no life.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 07:14
I think those little guys where funny with theyr weird sounds of pain and communication.

(its not old yet)
bsgamemaker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 08:09 Edited at: 18th Mar 2006 08:14
Quote: "You can do transparent black in FPSC but I haven't had much luck with segments. It does work with entities though. With segments you will probably have to use an alpha mask png image. FPSC doesn't handle alpha masks with TGA very well, so use png. I gave up on using decals for animated entities. Instead, I make flat 3d models for animations that you would expect decals to handle. Just make a script to have them always face the player."

Just to let you know that I used an png image with alpha mask and it worked. Now this is for anybody that wants to know and has had problems creating visual effects with decals. " I created the my particles within Exgen and exported as a bitmap image with 16 frames of animation on it. Then I imported the bitmap image into Paint Shop Pro 8, and then opened up the file(bitmap image)that I saved from Exgen, then clicked on export in PSPRO8, then clicked on PNG Optimizer where can choose different options/functions on how I want the image to be exported. Through this function you can work with the alpha channel and make it transparent.

I hope this helps anybody that wants to know. This community has been a great help to me, and I don't mind sharing. Some people have different ways of doing things but maybe this can help out as well.

But definetely use png images with alpha channel like Lon said because it works.

Also Lon have you had problems with black box under your entities/characters at one time or another?
I think its suppose to be a round circle to represent shadow of a character.
How can I fix this?

Thank You!
BsGamemaker
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 20:23
Or, you could just make a black jpeg. It works just fine for my segments.
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "kill King MuggaFugga himself"

he said a dirty word hehehe

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:39:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:39:39