Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Object Colliding with Matrix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have had a good look around the forum for info on what im looking for and there probably is a tutorial out there that can help me, but there is so many beginner tutorials that i wouldnt know which one to look at, when i was looking around i basicaly kept seeing about newton collision or watever, im just not ready to use dll's yet cuz im a begginer,

anyways..what im trying to do is

im shooting a sphere from the camera down and when it hits the matrix i want it to delete

i think what i have to do is, i have to get the matrix height and basicaly write, if sphere position is the same as the matrix height then delete. ive tried a few things but they didnt work, could anyone give me a hand please? thanks

-owen
Cookyzue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 00:35 Edited at: 16th Jan 2006 00:37
You have the right idea

just put watever you want to do to the sphere where i have `etc, but if you delete it make sure you use if object exist(objnum) to make sure db wont crash.
Good luck!

MCK Games
Darkowen
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks il have a go with it
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 23:31
Make it so that when it is equal to or less than the matrix ground height that it will delete it.

Chances are there won't be a time when it is exactly the same height as the matrix.

Insanity is just a state of mind

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 13:22:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 13:22:00