Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Globe(Visitor map type thing)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2006 23:57 Edited at: 17th Jan 2006 00:09
So... Yeah I was kind of board and wanted to experiment with FTP, so I came out with this. All it does is asks you for your longitude, latitude,message, etc. Then plots it on the map with everyone elses that has put theres on it. So, any suggestions or comments are welcome. Check it out if you can!

Screeny:

If you dont know your long and lat and want to check out the program, this might help http://www.realestate3d.com/gps/uslatlongdegmin.htm

And here it is:
http://members.cox.net/cookeydoe89/globe.zip

MCK Games
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 06:31
put myself somewhere in the sea , you should really make the placement using mousekey or something easier to make smiley faces then :p, also having a current time for people would be cool, maybe add a sun so you can see what it looks like there or something.

Halowed are the ori.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 09:54
omg i ended up at the southern pole :/

The Cowboy Game progress 17% (paused)
HorizShootiz progress 30% -enemies
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 14:27
well it put me in australia, even though i wanted to be in the water, but it put me north and inland, pretty much where mildura is, but i already came back from there, you program must be old

Syndicate remastered: Corporate persuasion through urban violence.
Cookyzue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 18:26
Thanks for the comments guys.

@darkcoder: Mouseplacement it is. By time do you mean when people were put on the globe or there current time at the moment? I'll probably add some type of sun/thing for looks too. Thanks!

I'm at school now so I cant do anything with it now, only 6 more hours .

MCK Games
dab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 06:32
Err, I dont get what this is......

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 07:46
i mean display there current time compared to yours, so you know if there awake or not,

and you could also add satelits, and all satelites of the sun aswell as all constelations and all planes currently in the air with nice con trails, and every vehicle on earth in realtime.

Halowed are the ori.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:23:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:23:49