Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Trouble Upgrading DB Pro from 1.055 to 1.059

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 07:45
I recently purchased a copy of Dark Basic Pro and installed it on my computer. It installed properly, and I downloaded the update 1.059. The update installed fine, but when I started DB Pro again with the update, it failed to start, saying there was a missing DLL file.

What can I do so solve this problem. I have DirectX 9.0c and have tried reinstaling DB Pro and the update.

Thanks for any help.
Shadowed Lightning
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been having the same problem, can anyone help us?

AMD Athlon 64 3200 - GeForce 6800 GT - 320GB Hard Drive
1024MB RAM
Labyrnth
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok im in about the same boat as you guys but i did discover this problem.

1. The update i noticed installs to the wrong place.
It needs to be installed in the editor folder of the DarkBasic Install. The Update-Install is going to C:\programfiles\darkbasic ,
But the DarkBasic pro install is in location is
C:\programfiles\the game creators\darkbasic

2. So i made it install to the correct location. Then done the second patch. All using Directx 9.0c
3. Checked the version of Darkbasic Pro and it still shows it as 1.055 "Even restarted to see if that works"

If you go to the control panel and look in add & remove you see the Updated installed.
So if anyone knows what we need to do about this please explain.

Live to play.Play to live.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 13:22:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 13:22:56