Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / problems loading .x file from 3dcanvas pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 12:06 Edited at: 20th Jan 2006 12:07
Hello,

I'm trying to load the .x file i've attached to this post, which i made in 3d canvas pro. when i load it in my game for some reason its invisible and the game quits prematurely soon after the loading function. to make sure that the model does load properly i typed in some barebones loading code:

and the model loaded perfectly in that code. here's my game code:

NOTE: in the StartGame() function the "make object box..." line and the 4 "if value =..." lines underneath it are commented out because the boxes were just placeholders for the models, so i commented out those lines now that im trying to load the models in and use them.

also to note: my 2ofClubs.X model that im using for the card in this game, is made of 2 plains with a texture on their visible side, put very closely back to back. I'm a rookie modeler, and i needed my model to have round edges like a playing card(which i achieved thru "set object a, 1, 0, 0" to make rgb(0,0,0) transparent). i tried using a flat box model, but couldn't get the corners to round off. If anyone has any better ideas about how to get a 3d model for a playing card (that will allow me to have a different texture on each side) please tell me lol.

one last problem: as a side note, i notice my card does not rotate on its proper y axis when i used the barebones code above. after i made the model i moved it to 0,0,0 position in 3d canvas pro(i had been having major problems trying to fig this out) but it still is rotating slightly off balance, see for urself using the code above. if you know how i can fix this (i have 52 cards to load ; please help, and thank you

DBPro User
PC: WinXP, AthlonXP 2100+ 1.7ghz, 80gb HD, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (128mb onboard RAM), 512mb DDR400 system RAM. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:27:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:27:44