Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 2 Dimensional SPRITE Real Time Strategy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the code so far, based off of Phaelix's Real Time Strategy tutorial:

As you can see, I have not remarked it, so it may be complicated to understand, and if anyone needs me to remark it so they can help me, though I don't think that will be the case, let me know and I will.

The problem im having is that the sprites dont move like they should
You can select them, tell them to move, and they rotate towards where you clicked, and try to move, but they just kind of wiggle.

Now I'm thinking that this is because of hte way I used:
NewXValue and NewYValue but I'm not sure. If anyone could help me out, please, do so.

The 2 images are attached, something like 300 kilobytes so don't worry.

AMD Athlon 64 3200 - GeForce 6800 GT - 320GB Hard Drive
1024MB RAM

Attachments

Login to view attachments
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2006 17:50 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2006 17:51
took me a while but i think the problem is that "sprite x()" and "sprite y()" return a 2d co-ordinate and "new?value #,#,#" requires a 3d co-ordinate....

but sorry that's as far as i can help u...

here's the code i think needs changing=

**edit** just re-read your post and realised you already worked that out, lol, ignore me.

life's one big game
Shadowed Lightning
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol, now I'm working on resource harvesting and attacking, its actaully pretty simple in 2d with sprites, and I'm surprised this isn't a mroe popular type of game its definately easier than an mmorpg and i see ton of people trying to make those and failing. It seems almost easier than most rpg's too. I'll keep this post updtated, and once I get a bit more worked out Ill post full source organzized with remarks

AMD Athlon 64 3200 - GeForce 6800 GT - 320GB Hard Drive
1024MB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:37:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:37:28