Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problem with bitmaps in DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, im trying to write a snake game for my computing project. This is my first time using DB and just about have everything working. My only real problem is that the bitmaps dont seem to be working properly/ i cant understand them. What is supposed to be a white background simply doesnt load, leaving me with a blue background for the game instead. This in itself isnt much of a problem except that when I try to print text onto the screen during the game loop it simply fails to appear, as it appears to be being drawn somewhere else. This problem was partially sorted with the "copy to bitmap" command, but is still causing problems. I'm aware the code is a bit of a mess and contains lots of strange unnecessary stuff but any help would be appreciated. Thank u.

The meaning of life. Sometimes its a chicken. Sometimes its a chair. Sometimes its a peice of cheese, suspended in the air.
Chilled Programmer 420
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 11:06 Edited at: 25th Jan 2006 11:07
for the text, tye turning sync on, and using sync after u write ur text, also try to write all the text together if its possible, i cant see ur code

and also, did u use to be on a site called funky.co.uk?

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Gyrich
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 19:48 Edited at: 25th Jan 2006 19:50
the "Code:" section at the bottom of the "Post Forum Message" box apparently doesn't work, I don't know why they don't take it out.

In any case, in order to properly post code in these forums, use the button all the way to the right of the "Post Forum Message" box that says "code" to open a coding tag. Then paste ur code after that tag, then hit the same "code" button again to close the tag and your code will look like this (click the white "+ Code Snippet" box):

if u need to edit a post that you've already posted, there is an "Edit Post" link under ur avatar picture next to ur post. So post your code so we can help

DBPro User
PC: WinXP, AthlonXP 2100+ 1.7ghz, 80gb HD, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (128mb onboard RAM), 512mb DDR400 system RAM. Thank you for your help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:30:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:30:07