Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problem with bitmaps in DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, im trying to write a snake game for my computing project. This is my first time using DB and just about have everything working. My only real problem is that the bitmaps dont seem to be working properly/ i cant understand them. What is supposed to be a white background simply doesnt load, leaving me with a blue background for the game instead. This in itself isnt much of a problem except that when I try to print text onto the screen during the game loop it simply fails to appear, as it appears to be being drawn somewhere else. This problem was partially sorted with the "copy to bitmap" command, but is still causing problems. I'm aware the code is a bit of a mess and contains lots of strange unnecessary stuff but any help would be appreciated. Thank u.
Have attempted to attach all related media as well, and also some which isnt really necessary, sry

The meaning of life. Sometimes its a chicken. Sometimes its a chair. Sometimes its a peice of cheese, suspended in the air.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SirFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 05:09 Edited at: 24th Jan 2006 05:09
Error obtaining source code. Post your source here between [c0de][/c0de] tags.

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 07:00
It sounds like you have Pro (the blue screen).

Goto this page and scroll down to "Sprites and the Blue Background":
http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=dbpro_tutorials

Silver Surfer17
Years of Service
User Offline

ok, hope that works, should be code. I havent got a sync in anywhere at the moment, when i had one it seems to solve the problem of it not loading my background, but also causes the programme to just stop when it hits the sync on command... :S

The meaning of life. Sometimes its a chicken. Sometimes its a chair. Sometimes its a peice of cheese, suspended in the air.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:35:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:35:38