Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Around 93 entities is the maximum for the level?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys, i was a little bit dissapointed when i did not finish my level yestorday, so i decide to ask for help.

I have medium level for my big project, and i was putting entities on it after i was totally designed it and already got my weapon on it and recently game crushes like on 63/110 preloading entities on the game preview. Without model characters game is running okay but with them it was crushing fpsc editor on the level preview everytime. I was so pissed, so i build 2 room and start putting thugs character in the rooms. I got about 90 thugs put player marker and start the preview. Game was prebuilded -OK! Then i decide to kill them and put minigun - game crushed on prebuilding in the fpsc editor with error some kinda " Entities already exist error at line 15288 or something" . Okay i put bazooka, since i know programming a little bit and i decide it was a bug in the code and maybe different object will solve the probleme, but it did not solve the problem.! It did same error same crush!. I was totally pissed how come i did not know about this crap cause i was working 2 weeks on the textures and models for my project and after that my level will not have enough character models? So i did not give up and put any type of weapons game -crushed again. I took 1 thug out - just delete it from the map it was crushing but at line 78 so i decide took 5 more and previewer was prebuilded-ok! with bazooka and less thugs. Well i got my final answer i guess,and answer was that fpsc doesnot support a lot of characters on the level , i think about 96 or so-without anything else, or less with some other entities.

So I sad and mad now! Anybody maybe know the answer and maybe it is fixeble some how? All what i want it is 10 rooms about 3 characters in everyroom and some other entities on the level to make it look good , but it is crushing on preview prebuild mode
Thanks
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 03:53
This problem may have to do most with your PC itself. I've been able to put in lots of entities in and nothing will happen, just a very small speed difference.

Doom, Destruction, and Chaos! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!
Wyatt Earp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 16:45
The easiest solution is to break your levels up. I had to do it because most of my levels were getting 0-1 frame rates. BLAH!

I was getting a ton of errors, but with smaller levels it is easier to find out what's wrong and to fix it accordingly.
Mr Sunshine
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 01:58 Edited at: 25th Jan 2006 01:59
2 Lavitz:

My system specs AMD 64x2 4400+ @ 3.0Ghz-stable and 32 c temp (overclocked like rocket kick any asses) 2 gb ram ddr 550 cl2.5 (Geforce 6800 on video) and i dont think it is my PC problemes.I still having those errors right now i stopped production of my project and figure it out that type of error, lets figure it out togther or u will have the same thing unsolved. It is an error it is problemes with FPSC or am i wrong? Please answer who know or have any ideas thanks.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 02:33
....repair.

Your signature has been erased by a mod, because the mod was so jealous of it that he couldnt bare looking at it.
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 03:34
i got that sort of error

so i had to start my whole level over

it only happened when u place a character by using a chracter already placed on the level

e.g , you put down a thug , and instead of just looking threw the list of already placed enities , yo uactuallyt go into the entity option and put down a thug model again

its weird but thats why it happened for me

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 06:15
hey, u know thats accualy happend to me quite a few times, now that you mention it, TeMpLaR.

Your signature has been erased by a mod, because the mod was so jealous of it that he couldnt bare looking at it.
Cognitae
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, a glitch?...

btw, I'm a noob, haven't bought fpscreator yet, plan to on the 5th... Got a question. How easy is it to edit textures and such?

"When humanity seeks to genetically improve upon itself, it is no longer humanity" -Book on, Cognitae Adversus
Mismatch
Years of Service
User Offline
I got the Same Error,

How I Fixed it (Temporary) :

I removed all the crashed 'Entities' and tried to place less enemies and less double objects. That did the Trick.

M.

- Even A broken Clock can Show the Time Correct, 2 times a Day... -
Mr Sunshine
Years of Service
User Offline
2 TeMpLaR1 : I think men you got an aswer , cause what u are saying makes sence,

thanks.

People Look like TeMpLaR1 know how to fixed this probleme
Mr Sunshine
Years of Service
User Offline
2 Mismatch : How Did you removed crushed entities , how do u know which was it? It just saying the code lines errors and entity thug 123 how do u know what it is on the level?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 10:02:35
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 10:02:35