Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Object Texture

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2006 22:29
I'm new to DBP so...

This is my code. I can see the model of the church, but it's black and has no texture. Any idea's why it isn't working? The Church is from the WWII media pack.

load object "buildings\church\church.x",2
set object 2,2,2,0
Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2006 23:18
Maybe I'm missing something, but why are you putting '2's in your set object command?

The first number, is the object number - and that looks correct.

The second number is your wireframe flag - if it's 0, you'll only see the edges. If it's 1, then it'll render with sides and look solid. I don't think it's supposed to do numbers other than 1 and 0.

The third number is for transparency (and I know in DBPro that has more than just 0 and 1, it goes all the way up to 4, for different methods of transparency).

I'd recommend you comment out your set object command, as it will merely confuse matters. If the object is still black with no texture, check to make sure you haven't turned off ambient light, or light 0 (or coloured them black).

Failing that, make sure the texture is in the folder, and load it in (as an image - load image "filename.bmp",2) and then use that to texture the object manually. (texture object 2,2)

Hope that helps.
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2006 23:23
Quote: "The third number is for transparency (and I know in DBPro that has more than just 0 and 1, it goes all the way up to 4, for different methods of transparency)."

actually its 1,2,3,4,and 5
5 is the most recent one for grass and other stuff
1 is default
2 is in front
3 is behind
4 = ??

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:25:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:25:06