Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Very strange bug .. help me!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 14:08 Edited at: 28th Jan 2006 14:13
I'm programming a program in DarkBASIC Pro. But each time i try to compile it and run it it says "Could not create F:\DarkBasic\Program\Program.exe".

So i check the "F:\DarkBasic\Program\" folder to see if there is a file there already called Program.exe. And yes there is. Then i try to delete it. But i cant delete it! OK, i think then it still must be running in the background or something, so i open up the taskmanager and check and there is nothing there that should block the program from being deleted!. OK i think (getting a little annoyed), so i check to see if the diskdrive is full, nope, 50 GB free.

Also a .pck file with same name as the program exe is created in the same dir. But i did set it to "Normal EXE" in the Settings tab in project view. I did NOT set it to "Small EXE and PCK file"

So each time i have to compile/run the program i have to give the exe a new name in the settings tab. REALLY anoying.

What is going on? I really have no clue.
Fox Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 14:42
F:\DarkBasic\Program\Program.exe
Normally that is a CD/DVD directory. if it is, change it. That is probably your darkbasic cd directory

KiTsUnE wOrKsHoP
Monzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 14:57
No its not. Thats the drive i save my Dark BASIC projects on. Im not stupid :o) My CD drive is the I: drive
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 18:52
not being funny but when i compile pro all the name in the ".exe box" thing says is the name of the .exe and not the actual pathname... see what i mean?

life's one big game
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 23:52
That file is probably set to read only. If you can't delete it then Darkbasic can't overwrite it with a new .exe when you compile.

Use Windows Explorer and hit the right mouse button on the file, go down to "Properties". At the bottom of the window that pops up you see "Attributes". In that area if you see a green checkmark in the "Read-Only" box click that box to turn it off and hit "Apply".

Monzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2006 00:41
smallg: same here .. all that is in the box is the filename itself, no path

Grog Grueslayer: the file is not read only and it never was. and i never set it to read only. thats not the problem
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 29th Jan 2006 07:44
What does it say when you try to delete it?

SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2006 14:53 Edited at: 30th Jan 2006 14:54
Quote: "Normally that is a CD/DVD directory. if it is, change it. That is probably your darkbasic cd directory"

Never make that assumption - my home machine has:
Floppy Drive A
Hard Drives C - H
Physical Disc Drives I and J
Virtual Disc Drives K - N
Mapped Network Drives Q S T X Z
And these days, such letterings aren't so uncommon...
[Edit]Almost always 2 USB Drives O and P

...maybe one day I'll finish a project
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2006 23:22
I have run into this when a file was created under administrator and when I run the program under my user name, which is not administrator, It will not let me overwrite or delete a file because of my user level.

I have to log in as admin to do the file changes.

This is for XP home SP2.

In Memory of My Dad.
I miss you very much.
Monzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 02:52
I solved the problem. It had nothing to do with Dark Basic Pro, but was caused by a network traffic limiter i had installed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:27:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:27:56