Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Game Making Question for a Beginner

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to make a game alot like Grand Theft Auto, and I want to know if DPro can make a game like it?

Trofsky
Fox Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2006 00:12 Edited at: 30th Jan 2006 00:13
for Crist sake!!! darkbasic is a programing language like others so the question is not if darkbasic can handle it...The question is if you can make a game like that

KiTsUnE wOrKsHoP
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2006 04:17
Your answer is and will always be a reserved yes and no.

Games like GTA are written in the fastest language that is practical to use. Written by teams of professionals that are working on only a portion of the game; full time.

You can write a similar game, and probably even a fun game in Dark Basic Pro. You will be hard pressed to make it as fast or as nice graphically as a professional game.

Whenever you get a language; like DBP; that makes programming easier, you will sacrafice some speed or power. But you can write the game so much quicker than in C or C++ assuming the same level of expertise with either language.

In Memory of My Dad.
I miss you very much.
SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2006 14:49
Knowing the age of the GTA engine, you could make something looking more realistic quite easily with DB Pro's shaders and other features...

...maybe one day I'll finish a project
Krimzon DestinE
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Knowing the age of the GTA engine, you could make something looking more realistic quite easily with DB Pro's shaders and other features..."

i concur especially with the virtually endless possibilities of computers. they don't have the memory limitation drawbacks of consoles. if your computer doesn't have enough memory to support the graphics you create, just get more.
Fox Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2006 00:17
there was a Farcry demo-like engine that was awesome made in DB but I think there was an DarkSDK in the midlle...

KiTsUnE wOrKsHoP
Image All
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2006 22:35
Quote: "I want to know if DPro can make a game like it?"

Can you tell it to? When you answer that question you answer your first question.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:37:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:37:53