Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / absolute zer0 the game!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
nothing to shout about but the first level is done.tell me what you think.heres a screenshot...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Um...can you give some more screenshots. I would like to have more to see so I can give suggestions and comments.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia-Fear of long words
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 02:23
Nice skybox, weird terrain however, it's too bumpy. Trees are OK, they should be a little larger imho. Gun should be larger as well.

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 18:26
Not a bad start. The matrix looks as if it has just been randomised, try getting hold of a matrix editor (I recommend MatEdit) and make a new terrain, you can still use the trees just use the get ground height command to find out what Y value the trees should have.

Snow also looks quite cool if a little on the small side (It may be that there just isnt any falling near you at the moment).

Look forward to seeing where this goes, any chance you could give more of an idea of the storyline ?

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
got to go now but i will post some more screenshots and tell you little more about it towmorrow.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 05:42
Hey, wher'd you find those trees.

Your signature has been erased by a mod, because the mod was so jealous of it that he couldnt bare looking at it.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 11:33
thats pretty cool at first glance. but really, you should consider adding more humps and improved smooth effect to the terrain. there are many matrix / terrain editors out here

The Cowboy Game progress 17% (paused)
HorizShootiz progress 20% - optimising code
The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2006 02:30 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2006 02:31
Hi im back again.development on this project is going to slow down a bit because I have another one that I need to finish for a friend.I should be free in a month to continue to make progress.This is a really early version of the game.The A.I. is really bad. But I finally got the graphics to the way I want except for the randomized matrix your all talking about.Anyway as for storyline(which Im not to good at but anyway)

Nasa's new sattelite,the oracle has taken infared photos of an uninhabited alaskan island.and found large amounts of infared and activity.not knowing what it was America has sent in an elite team of scientists and secret agents(of course) to investigate the pheomenon. Later to find out that they were way over there heads in the discovery that could not only start world war 3 but can also end it just as quick.because the creatures that lie there are not from another planet.But are a new breed of weapon of mass destruction.But you will have to play the game to find out what's next.

well feel free to comment.I will not be away from the forums at least but ill be working mostly on the other project for about a month.tell me what you think!
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "tell me what you think!"

I want more screens!!!!

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia-Fear of long words
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2006 14:12
Looks cool like whats already been said the matrix is not very nice i would use a .x object instead

Fps world of mayhem 10%

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:31:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:31:32