Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Media inside exe file?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all

I need some basic help with db-pro, for example:

- how do you use the media that is supposed to be inside the .exe file? (I cant make the exe file work without having the media folders sent with the exe file)

Is it possible to use threads in db-pro? (having two loops running at the same time)

Thats all for now, over and out

forever learning
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 05:22 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2006 05:24
If you use the default IDE you click on the "SETTINGS" button and make sure "EXE with attached media" is selected. Then click on the "MEDIA" button and find the files you want to attach to the .exe. This information is saved in the .dbpro file (so when you save make sure you use "SAVE ALL" to save both the project settings and the actual code.

You can have multiple loops going at once but any do/loops need exists. Having for/next loops inside do/loops is common.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
pasenq
Years of Service
User Offline
Great, that was the way I thought that it should work (stupid save all button ). But it dosn't like my .bsp file apparantly, and I cant figure out why.
Atleast I got the other media working now, thanks a lot.

But the multiple loop part is realy getting on my nerves. What I need is a for/next loop that sleeps for 1/10 of a second and then repeats, all my tries to make this have ended with that the whole program sleeps for 1/10 of a second.

But no worries I'll probobly stumble upon the code some day soon.

forever learning
Jerok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 19:28 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2006 19:29
this is easy to do you just set a variable to the timer and then check if the timer - the variable is grater then 100 and if it is do the loop
example:

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 21:48
Np.

What Jerok wrote is what we normally do to make something work at a specific amount of time. However the variable used doesn't need to be a flot because the "timer()" command never uses a decimial point.

pasenq
Years of Service
User Offline
This only gets better and better. Thanks a lot to both of you.

forever learning
pasenq
Years of Service
User Offline
Not even a day has gone by and already a new set of questions have popped to my mind.

How do you patch a DB-pro file (the .exe file that is), or is that what the small .exe + .PCK file is for?

And is code written in dark-basic supposed to lagg on a computer that can play cs, quake 3 and more or is my code terrible written?

It is based on the tutorialcode from the help file, no big changes except from the buggy jumping part.
One of my friends who were suposed to beta test the jumping got faced with \"an enormus lagg isue\" as he said. Any help with this is most welcome. (A few tips on how you get the fps to go up in general would also be appreciated)

Why wern't I allowed to edit my last post?

forever learning
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2006 13:15
u are still in the newbie stage, and so can't post straight away (has to be approved) and can't use the source code option either.. and can't edit posts... because of approval problem.

anyway, the lag problem is probably the models you are using...i take it you are using some?
p.s. sync rate 100 is a little o.t.t.

life's one big game
spec= 1.6ghz, 512mb ram, 128mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:24:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:24:13