Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Ground Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2006 01:27
I really have trouble with collision... it seem every other post I post has collision somewhere in the title. Right now I want to make a racing game, but I want you to go slower depending on what ground is below you. I want all of my levels to be .x files. How would I detect which ground is below me, my road is a seperate file from the rest of the scenory.

LIGHT FRENZY (almost done!)
Best Noobish game ever.
Jerok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2006 03:09
well if each different read type is a different object then you just need to check for object collision for the object that is the car example:

this will return the object number the car is colliding with and store it in the variable collision. then you just check if collision = to the object number of the track type

Flaming Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2006 15:50 Edited at: 4th Feb 2006 15:50
Well wouldn't I need to make a collision box for that? When I did it it didn't detect any collision, and if I make a collision box, then it would count road collision inside of the road wouldn't it? (My track is a circle)

Best Noobish game ever.
Flaming Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2006 02:02
Well, I guess that's no answer, now I have another question. I want to just have a matrix with a texture on it as the ground. How would I detect wether you're on the part of the ground textured as a road or as the grass?

Best Noobish game ever.
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2006 05:53
Make an array of the type of ground each square of the array is.

Insanity is just a state of mind

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:28:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:28:54