Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / HUD Graphics Problem...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 06:22
With every game I have played in compiled form (and in db form, I cannot see any of the HUD (head's up display, like score or compass or map) graphics. Is this a problem with my graphics card or something? Do I have to update direct x? Any ideas?
Teka Fish
Years of Service
User Offline
If u r using 3d objects as the hud then the
lock object on
command will work. But it took me many attempts to get the positions right. You can look at the iced demo for coordinates

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 03:31
Thats not what I meant, I know how to make them, but when I do I cant SEE them in any game I play. I cant see the HUD in the iced demo. What do I do?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 07:51
interesting ... well what gfx card are you using? and what directx?
it might be the graphics cards zbuffer is just messed up meaning things that close to the camera arn't drawn.

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
Ahem I mean, I'll think about it
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
If it's a 3D HUD, it can happen on a tile-based rendering card, such as the Kyro2. If you want to support this video card, or alter code to see such graphics, you'll simply need to use the SET OBJECT X,1,1,0 flag to render both sides so the TBR system picks it up. If it's 2D graphics that are missing, it's another problem.

TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2002 00:59
If your HUD is in 2D. Then try to put one of the following commands in the start of your program:

Draw To Front
-OR-
Draw To Back

"It's good to be bad..."
Dungeon Keeper
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2002 03:01
i think you guys miss'd the point of what he wrote... it isn't becuase of him being unable to see hud's he has coded, but game huds.

I have asked what his graphics chip is because there maybe a solution in the driver setup or driectx that he is using... if nothing else it help myself and others understand that there is another graphics chip which is bugged and it is useful to know what systems our stuff WON'T work on so we can test on others.

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Thats not what I meant, I know how to make them, but when I do I cant SEE them in any game I play. I cant see the HUD in the iced demo. What do I do?"

Don't think we missed anything. If he can edit the code (such as in the iced demo or something he makes), then he can certainly find out if it's a problem with his 3D card. It's a common problem on a Kyro2.

TheNVS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2002 22:23
why did this topic stop continuing. unless you guys solved the puzzle on another topic, there is still a problem out there. i would like to see what the problem that SFSW is having.

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 21:55
why did this topic stop continuing.

Because QuothTheRaven didnt respond with what graphices card he's got

www.shockforge.com ShockForge Software
www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
...::::ShockForge::::...
TheNVS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 00:34
i wonder why.
my bad, for i meant, what the problem that QuothTheRaven is having in replacement of Quote>> i would like to see what the problem that SFSW is having.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:45:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:45:50