Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Newcomers guide to software

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2006 16:31
Hi guys,

I'm just starting off in Darkbasic and was wondering a few things, if you could give me any advice I'd be most appreciative.

1. What is the difference between Dark Basic and Dark Basic Pro?
2. What are all the programs I will need to purchase in order to create a 3d game?

Thanks a lot in advance!
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2006 20:16 Edited at: 6th Feb 2006 20:21
i can anwser number 2.., i've created various games using only freeware aside from buying Dark basic classic

I used Anim8or for objects
Paint for sprites, well i used to, until i created a sprite generator program ^-^

ahmm you can get music / sounds as freeware of various places in the wide internet. You can also get free 3d models of the internet, just be careful read the licence agreement.

ahmm aside from that to make a "decent" game it would require hard work and experience. they didn't build rome in one day

---------
Basically to create a 3d game, you need a world you can either create that in a 3d modeler program like Anim8or or you can use a matrix.

Next buildings / random objects can be easily created in Anim8or or you could try your luck at using box's and cones heh

Special effects you can create your own using even the basic Paint program O_o

Characters again can be created in Anim8or but you'll have to animate them in DBC using the limb commands. Or you could use 3ds Max or any other character animation software out there... but sadly that one costs money...

i like to ramble on ^-^

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 6th Feb 2006 21:41
#1 Can be found here:
http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=compare

Darkbasic Pro has more "yes"es so it's much better. It's faster than Classic too.

And in case you're next question is "How hard is it?". There is no difference in learning difficulty... they're both the same base commands only Pro has more commands. I'll never understand how people automatically assume that Pro = harder to learn.

Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2006 11:14
Thanks for that guys, just purchased DBPro, looking forward to getting stuck into it!

Sephiro - you from N.Ireland too then mate? Be handy for some advice on call! lol
crighton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2006 14:59
hehehe. thats why i bought Amos pro instead of Amos.

didnt help though

Why are the forgotten always remembered? But no-one remembers me?!
mido
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
I'll never understand how people automatically assume that Pro = harder to learn.
"

they think of (pro) as it's for proffesional people not as it makes proffesional-looking things

M25
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 04:43
Ah.

Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 00:28
It doesn't make professional looking things, does it? Well only if YOU're the one making it professional looking, but that's also the case for DB classic.

Yskonyn -
"It's better to wish down here you were up, then to wish up there you were down."
"The ONLY time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:33:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:33:12