Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Dll Request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2003 16:57
This is probley the wrong place to ask, but does anyone have a dll that has a function in it to retirve your internet ip address. If no one has one can somone please make me one or tell me the C++ code to do it. Any help would be great *notes im makeing a online mutiplayer game and i need the ip address to get my connection system to work*
Skid
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2003 18:55
Yes, IanM's got one somewhere - probably in this forum...

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2003 20:15
I never converted it to a DLL. It's all done in DBPro

Here's where it was last posted :
http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view.php?t=5325&b=1
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2003 22:20
Thought you did - oh well...

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2003 23:29
nope fully db ... and has helped me quite a bit with my Network code for KG

but you could quite easily make this in C++ as a DLL without much trouble

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 01:09
It was to see if I could do something slightly more complex with DLL's in DBPro more than anything else. Plus it makes a good example of how to use DLL's to.

I don't think it would really gain anything to convert it *back* into C Of course, you are free to disagree - feel free to do it
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 16:10
oh no i don't disagree... think its far more useable the way you did it - mainly cause you can alter alot more ingame and setup the memory access for it directly

i'm just saying its possible to convert it back to C++ if he wanted to (no way in hell i'm gonna waste time doing something already there)

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Skid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 00:37
Thanks with any luck this should work a treat, i useing it to add some information to a file, the files is then uploaded to a ftp address. Then a user will ask for a list of online games it will look thought the ftp for all the files, get the ips and connect to the select one. Well that what im trying to do, i got half way thought and stoped because i couldn't get the ip addess :S

Anyway thanks, if i get it to work i'll tell you

Skid
Skid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 17:53
So far so good at the min my code is geting the ip and uploaded it to the ftp site. Not only that but my game also connects to the IP when makeing a game.
Im half way thought the join code after that done I going to test it and report back if it works

Thanks again IanM

Skid
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 00:25
Glad it's helping.
Skid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 16:47
It works I've got a great system that fully works that will alow easy access to online game. The system won't ask for an ip and it will find any game anywere *as far as i know i do know its worked between to of my friends computer over the internet* But anyway the second i can cut out all of the extra code i've added in for my game i'll add a topic and post a snipted that should make thing so much easyer

Skid

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 16:35:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 16:35:19