Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What is a "diffuse based colour"?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried to use the "set object light" command so that my objects would be the same color all aroud, but it just turned them white. The help file said that this would happen to any object with a "diffuse based color". What is that?
Fox Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 17:53
don't use the Code Text box because it always gives error (don't ask why because I don't know...), instead of that use BBcode
[/code]

set object light will define how big the dark parts of the object will be so if you put set object light to 100 they will be all white and if you do set object light to 0... well...never tryed but I supose the'd turn black.
I supose this is not the answer but this is probably what you did to turn the object white

KiTsUnE wOrKsHoP
Catman 400
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, but I have no clue what you're talking about. Please define "code text box" and "BBcode" because I've never heard those terms.

Also, you're right, i did set it to 0. The help on it implied it was a binary command (on/off) so I thought 1 and 0 were the only options.
Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 13:24
When you're relatively new to the forums, the source code box doesn't work. You'd be better putting your code between
[ code ]
CODE HERE!
[ /code ]

Tags (except, without the spaces between "[" and "]")
Doing so, you'll get

As for diffuse colour - diffuse is the basic colour for an object. When you use "Color Object" that is the diffuse you are setting. Objects behave differently when they are textured, to when they are just 'Color Object'ed. If you see what I mean.

Try putting a simple texture on your objects, and see if that changes it.

Also, if you want your objects to be all the same colour all the way around (and you're using DBPro) try using the "Set Object Emissive" with a colour value - it will make it bright to that colour and there will be no shadow on it.

Good luck.
Catman 400
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! That worked perfectly! That "set object emissive" did exactly what you said it would, when combined with "color object" and a deletion of the "set object light" command. Thanks again! I put the final code in the code box but if what you said is true, I should post it up here too:

color object obj, color
set object emissive obj, color

If you're wondering what I'm working on, visit stickpage.com and watch some of their movies (my fav is Xiao Xiao #3). I'm trying to make a program to draw 3d stick movies for them. Thanks again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:32:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:32:25