Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Sick and tired of 3DSMAX!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 19:55
I'm starting a protest! Those of you who love and respect Milkshape3D along with Fragmotion should go there websites and demand that that a plug-in so that we can export the animations
of our characters and what nots! Those of you who have 3D Studio
Max.. back off! You still want to make characters with your thousand dollar software? "Fine!" We the indes are sick of it!
Tell them to eather charge a fee for this plug-in and support
character animations for Milkshape3D now!
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 20:26
If a had max.. i would never protest against it..

all the fpsc models are made in it (i mean the ones that go with it , and the fpsc model pack 1)

--Dodic--
Don`t try to SEE the future , try to MAKE the future the way you like it.
---------
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
I already converted the main character animations to milkshape format a while ago.

Do a forum search for "animation" of just download it here:

http://hyrumark.zftp.com/zombieanimation.ms3d

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 22:24 Edited at: 9th Feb 2006 22:29
WHO DID PAYED FOR MAX?

well whoever did is good.
i found the torrent version full.
Im a bad boy right?

(even though its V7)

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
ultraplex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 22:39
lmao version 8 now on E donkey

Never eat yellow snow
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 23:17
Quote: "WHO DID PAYED FOR MAX?

well whoever did is good.
i found the torrent version full.
Im a bad boy right?"

No... your just dumb... because you cannot talk about piracy here. Van? Where are you?

Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!
ultraplex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2006 00:20
arr Jim lad whos talking about piracy?

Never eat yellow snow
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2006 06:59
Mr.Dodic, All I'm saying is that there are those who have payed there 25-30 bucks and reg for Milkshape3D get there moneys worth. The fact that TGC should have or could have in there wisdom make a deal
or something with 3rd parties and I'm sure I speak for most of the hard workers who are cash poor or are inching by with MS3D or Fragmotion. Yes Yes I have read the other fourms, But still for petes sake!!This is ridiculous! Other than that 3DSMax is by all
accounts great software...happy now?
Rj
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2006 07:07
Piracy...?!! Yes Van B please get off your concole, drop that frosted fat bomb yell out "Doh!" Get that guy off the fourms!
Watch out, Mr.Burns is watching you!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2006 07:21
OK...OK...OK...

ill stop that.....

i just wanted to say that it was pirated already and i did not even could get bit torrent!

so i dont got it.....

so i can not be guilty for piracy.

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2006 09:37 Edited at: 10th Feb 2006 09:38
RaymondJ,
Your rant towards 3dsmax maybe misdirected.
Quote: "Those of you who love and respect Milkshape3D along with Fragmotion should go there websites and demand that that a plug-in so that we can export the animations"

Yes that would be an idea. So, you should really be screaming "I am sick and tired of Milkshape3D and Fragmotion" But do take into account they are probably 1-2 guys, and have alot of other fixes to make. Both these softwares have support for external plugins.

Quote: "Tell them to eather charge a fee for this plug-in and support
character animations for Milkshape3D now!"

Since they do support external plugins, maybe you could rustle up a group of indies together who are willing to pay good money and entice someone to develop a sound plugin for Milkshape/Fragmotion.

Quote: "Those of you who have 3D Studio
Max.. back off! You still want to make characters with your thousand dollar software? "Fine!" We the indes are sick of it! "

The truth is, 3dstudiomax has a limited list for import/export object types. features. DirectX files are not supported. The PandaXporter is a freeware plugin created by one guy. It seems to be the most stable one around too. As with other object types, like .obj .md3 and what not, 3dsmax(Discreet) has nothing to do with them. All external plugins developed by indies and many given away free. Why these developers create plugins for thousand dollar software and give it away free, and not for cheaper alternatives. I have no clue.

As an artist and indie developer, I understand your frustrations. I too constantly buy software, try out demos, spend days experimenting only to end up at walls or detours. C'est la vie, tis the plight of the indie developer.

To sum up, its just my opinion that your rant is somewhat misdirected and would probably be more productive to do as suggested above.

peace

!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:02:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:02:27