Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can I program a browswer with db pro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that DBP is primarily a games language, but firefox, which used to be pretty good, now seems to lock up every few minutes. I've used Netscape and Web ferret which are really no good any more, and the less said about I/explorer the better. So can I make one with DB. I'm too thick to do it with visual basic or c#. I know, because I've tried.
Torsten Sorensen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 23:20
I don't think you can make a browser, but you can set it to open web pages through your default browser.

Ben 'N Torstens Stuff
Free 3D games.
outSync
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe through a DLL (but if you don't want to learn VB, C#, or C++, a DLL is a bit farfetched), but the only real method is to purchase BlueGUI v2, but if I'm saying this right BlueGUI just uses IE's methods, so it's really like using IE.

Have you tried Opera? It's a lot better than Firefox, although I perfer Firefox for its simplicity.

formerly VariableS

Rawr.
super skull
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2006 01:27
you would have to get the html of the site through dbcommands (i think that there are some that can do this) and then you would have to parse the html to place everything in the right place. you would have to be a html expert though to account for every possible line of html that could be written

Undercover Steve
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2006 06:55
And then CSS and RSS support.

I have been re assigned. New name, new mission. Star Fleet - 5%
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2006 13:38 Edited at: 12th Feb 2006 13:38
Yes you can program an internet browser in DarkBasic Pro... If you got BlueGui atleast. There is made an internet browser as an example that follows with it, it's quite cool

Here is a small screenshot from the bluegui website showing the internet browser(made with BlueGui and DarkBasic Pro):
http://www.robertknight.me.uk/blue2/site/gfx/showcase/web.png

Hope that helps

-The Nerd

Free Particle Engine for DarkBasic Pro:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=60141&b=5
ThomasFN
Years of Service
User Offline
once i had joined a project to make an online network, in DBP, where you can host your own website in a special language that internet explorer and firefox and stuff cant read, and its a private network through DBP. Got quite far with it, too. But then the guy who was doing this project closed it down. Shame.

Ultimate Newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone. I'm making a bit of progress with it now. When it's finished in about a hundred years if I'm still alive i'll post it.

If it doesn't work the first time, then there's always television.
Image All
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 16:43
From "Beginners Guide to DarkBASIC Game Programing":
Quote: "you could even program your own Web Browser with DarkBASIC!"

FunkyStickmen: Battle of the Races (1%)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:31:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:31:58