Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / 2D VectorART - Tool for the 20 Line Challenge

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 10:17
This is for anyone out there who might be interested in writing a 20 line demo using vector art.

For what its worth, this tool is pretty polished and complete. If you have any questions about how to use it, just ask!

The output of this program is a series of DATA statements that you can use in your programs.

Download VectorART now!
ChipOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 10:21
Sorry...incomplete thought there...

The output of this program is a series of DATA statements that you can use in your programs. The file is called 'file.txt' and is saved in the same diretory from which you ran the application.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2002 00:57
That is cool - but one question, how do you stop "drawing" so you can build up 2 shapes? Or do you use the "black" colour so in reality the whole thing is one massive vector - I'm just trying to achieve the same effect as you making the letters of "vector art" seperate like that.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
ChipOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2002 01:20
hehehe...yeah...i've added transparency support and the ability to build your own colour palette but you weren't supposed to ask yet

I'm getting ready for my next 20 liner, and will release the new version once my entry is in.

-cheers

ChipOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2002 01:27
hrm...no edit....

The other major change is that I'm going to be pushing the boundries of the rules -- I've converted the colour, type and point data to a memblock structure that I save to disk.

This will be my external media .

I now have several vectors on screen at the same time (stuffed into a multidimensional array) and have 6 extra lines for special f/x and to improve the fading bars on the side.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 02:07
Can't wait

denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 10:56
Thats very cool, and with you new demo I may use it for Fluery's challenge.
Does anyone know where I can get a program that will save any picture to data statements?

denki
Kousen DPB RPG latest - Working on editors!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 15:31
Denki - it would be really easy to write a program that did this Especially now the "point" command in DBPro is so much faster than DB.

Cheers,

Rich

DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
denki -- the DBP editor will do it for you but it's not too useful to convert a BMP to data statements besidess, there's a difference between BMP files and vector art, i'm too lazy now to explain it tho

i'm looking at yooooou!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:43:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:43:40