Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Gun texture gone wrong

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi ive made a ak47 model for FPSC ive imported and it works fine but texture is all wrong. i use 3ds max to build and texture the model.The texture is fine in 3ds max but in FPSC its wrong.
how do i correct this.

ive attached a screenshot of the problem.

HELP!

steve

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 02:22
It helps to provide a bit more info.
-What format did you export?
-What exporter plugin did you use?
-What versions?

Since there could be various reasons, it helps pinpoint where things may go wrong. It looks like the UV's are there but they're referencing the texture differently. Are you using multiple materials?

!
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 04:46
The texture seems to be a planar texture, it don't work in FPSC, you must have a complete Unwrapped texture.

Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 05:48
I thought that ar first but look at the way the uv's are warped at the magazine,grip and butt. Seems like shaped for it. But to get the entire gun pic on different parts...?

!
steve123
Years of Service
User Offline
ok found out how to export a new texture from 3dmax but now it looks so bad
joh
when i exported the new texture from 3dsmax it made a .tga file
not sure which plugin it just came with 3ds max
im using 3ds max8
im not using multiple materials

ive attached the new texture im using for my model is that correct? if it is then my model is weird cos it looks like its not maped at all.

thanx

steve

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 10:02
The texture you uploaded looks correct. Is that the one you applied to your model in max? If it is, how are you exporting the texture? Render to texture? Also why do you need to that?

Are the all the files in the correct place? I am assuming that you want this to be a player weapon. Try this:

Goto \FPS Creator\Files\gamecore\guns\modernday\
Create a copy of the commando folder and rename the copy AK47.

Use the PandaXporter for max and export to the AK47 folder, replacing the HUD.x.

Copy the texture that you applied (not exported from) in max, to the AK47 folder.

Open the gunspec.txt with notepad and look for the lines -
;GUN Visuals
textured =

add the name of your texture file to the texured =
eg. textured = ak47.tga

That should be it. Its a bit different if you want it just as entity in the level though. It can go in the entitybank and requires an xfile,texturemap and an fpe file instead.
If you have done the steps above, that back to my question, "exporting the texture from max?". Looking at the pics, the last you uploaded should be correct and just looks like you got the wrong texture assigned.

*Note: For the Player weapon, in the folder would be a HUD.x and a VWEAP.x - HUD is for player and VWEAP for ai\enemy.

If you still can't get it to work. Specify what you are attempting to do with the weapon. Player/enemy, Pickup in level by player/enemy, a prop that does nothing. There are slight differences in what you do for each thing.

!
steve123
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thanx i will try that

where do u get PandaXporter?
steve123
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i found the PandaXporter i made the gun so player can use it. i used the pandaXporter but now my gun is invisable. ive got the gun to show before (with out using the PandaXporter) so whats wrong now.

HELP!!
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 17:47
Okay, probably just the settings. No time to post now, will get back to you soon.

Quote: "with out using the PandaXporter"

What were you using before? Did you try the steps above but using what you used before?

!
steve123
Years of Service
User Offline
PandaXporter is making it invisible for some resaon but when i use that DBcov.exe it is visible and i tryed what you said before with DBcov.exe but still the texture is wrong.
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2006 17:48 Edited at: 14th Feb 2006 17:50
Check the fpe file again to make sure the right texture is used. Texture name and texture path. Thats where FPSC gets the texture to use from, otherwise it would just be blank white.

Edit:
Use the DBConv for now, since you're more comfortable with it.

!
steve123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2006 19:01 Edited at: 14th Feb 2006 23:04
ok the texture is working, it was my fault i did somthing stupid in 3ds max thanks for the help Joh

i need to know one more thing how do i make the gun so that when the A.I. has the ak47 it shows the A.I. with the ak47 model. i know its somthing to do with the VWEAP.x, but how do i create one for my gun

thanx

steve
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 03:13
The VWEAP.x is just a static model. Export your player gun without animations as vweap.x . This should reside with the HUD.x you created for your player. Then assign the gun to the AI same way you did with player, right click on enemy - has weapon - select your gun.

!
steve123
Years of Service
User Offline
thanx alot joh i got it to work.

the gun is almost complete just need to know how to get the picture of the gun that apears in the top right hand corner to appear with out a black box around it.

and also how do i get the muzzle flash to work

thanx

steve
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 12:51
Quote: " picture of the gun that apears in the top right hand corner to appear with out a black box"

The image needs to have an alpha channel. Use a tga file, with alpha channel that masks out the black parts. What 2d software you using?

Muzzle flashes. When you create the gun object, you need to create to little polys and place them at the muzzle, and link them to the main gun. Name these 2 polys SMOKE and FIRESPOT. umm that should be it.

!
steve123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 16:44 Edited at: 15th Feb 2006 16:54
ok i got the muzzle flash to work.

i was not sure how to do the alpha channel, im using irfanView and paint.

and also when the ai has the gun and shoots the muzzle fire is in the wrong place. how do i fix that?

thanks
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 17:50
The ai muzzle fire. Yeah I got that working before, then now I've done something to it and its in the wrong place. I can't remember what I did wrong, trying retrace what I did differently. Will let you know when I figure it out.

I don't know how paint works. You might want to use something like GIMP http://www.gimp.org/ Freeware tool similiar to photoshop. It may seem daunting to some, but give it a shot. Its worth it in the long run.

!
steve123
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry i got confused on what i had to download.
i download paint shop pro 8 trial to make the hud icon but i didn't know how to do it.
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2006 13:12
Check the sticky on this forum - how to do tranparent huds with paint shop pro. Would probably be better than me explaining it.

!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:23:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:23:42