Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with Blender/DB

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. I'm obviously new here, as well as to the 3d Game Making world. Now, for the past week or so I have been playing around with Blender and I have made a 3d area with it which I would like to become a "level." Now, I'm not sure exactly how I go about bringing my save file from Blender, which is a .blend file, into DB (which is only the trial version). I have read in some other threads that some other program is needed to convert the Blender file into a different type of file, and then it can be added in, but I have no idea of where to start. Any help would be great. Thanks

Dane
Image All
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 07:10
If you have Python installed, you might get the exporters to work. You can export from Blender into .lwo format, and import that .lwo file into MilkShape 3D which can use the DirectX 8.0 exporter. Only use the 8.0 exporter if the model is not animated; otherwize use the DirectX (JT) exporter, or the model will not load properly in DBPro.

FunkyStickmen: Battle of the Races (1%)
The Great Dane
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the quick response.

Well, I installed Python and Milkshape 3d. Then, I exported my file as an .lwo file. Then, I attempted to import that file into Milkshape, but I recieved an error saying "Cannot read LightWave Object 6.5x"

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks again.
driftman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 12:29
Blender 2.41 can export to .x format
just goto
file>export>directx (the second one, not the first)>
Export all sceens-animation
Export obj-no animations

I have a lil' white jacket that lets me hug myself forever.
The Great Dane
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you a lot for the info there. I hate to sound dumb here, but what would I do then after exporting the file as a Direct X file? What am I able to do with a Direct X file? Can it be added into DB?
Death100
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2006 21:48
use the load object command in db

example:

load object "yourobjecthere.x", object number

and then you can use it like any other object in db

<> <> EVIL....
---
Untitled Space Sim: 10%
The Great Dane
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help. I tried it out and was able to partially get the 3d image to appear. It is a wrestling ring, but I was only able to see one rope of the ring. Is there any possible reason why only part of it able to be seen? Maybe it's too big, or the camera is in a bad place? Or did I just do something wrong?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:26:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:26:42