Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / **New paint program! (this one isnt like all the other ones out there, its special. Check it out!**

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 03:03 Edited at: 15th Feb 2006 03:19
Hello everyone! my dream has been to create a working, saving, loading, many options paint program.
I have seen many peopls where you use the mouse to draw and the pieces get all spread out. But i feel
like this one isnt like all of those paint programs out there.
I have created exactly six!
paint programs so far is this is my best.

More information:

DLL's used:
BlueGui V2.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Help:
I have recieved help from MANY people on the forums, thanks to all of you out there!
And a special thanks to InaM for his FloodFill and connecting the boxes code.

Instructions:
Use the navigation bar at the top of the screen to get to:

The color picker
To change brush size
To save/load (only saving and loading jpg's at the moment)
and more!

Enjoy!

(Download below)

PS: Please post your artwork here, i would like to see what people can do with my application.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 03:09 Edited at: 15th Feb 2006 03:13
-add Fonts,
-option to save as .bmp,.png
-thickness of brush needs to be controlled by + or - or a hotkey Anything besides needing to click BrushSize Increame/Decrease
-option to change background color,
-option for gradients
-import .jpg,.bmp,.png files.

Quote: "I will not be giving out the source code for many reasons in which one is becuase i do not want people taking from it."

You may want to edit that comment out before too many ready. Its not necsasry to say and only implies that your selfish.

This is cute. Good start.

- Do it, Do it Right, Do it right now..
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 03:14 Edited at: 15th Feb 2006 03:20
Okay, ill start it off! here is something i created in about 3 minutes:

If anyone would like to help me figure out why it stretches the img that would be appricated. here is a snippet of how i save the img:

@X1b
Dude, al you have to do to change the backround is get the right color and use the fill tool on the backround... is that to hard?

Attachments

Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 03:31
Okay everyone. here is update:

use keypad (+) and keypad (-) to inc/dec brush size.

enjoy!
~Snowfall

Attachments

x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 03:35 Edited at: 15th Feb 2006 03:40
Quote: "Okay everyone. here is update:"

There is no "everyone" you ungratefull sob. There's me giving constructive critisizm.

beats me,I dont use this thing. but if you want to do this right,id get in an option to change background and import other file extensions.

And as for your smartass comment,if the user wants a default color for his background on start up? he's going to want that option. My Flash editor gives me that option,dolt.

- Do it, Do it Right, Do it right now..
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 04:40
uh.... dude i used your ideas and added a hotkey to inc/dec size... why are you so pissed?

Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 13:06
Guys chill out, have a beer.
You two are on two different tracks here...

Yskonyn - (Waiting for Hands On DBP Programming Vol. 1)
"It's better to wish down here you were up, then to wish up there you were down."
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 15:59
The whole point i made this thread is to show my work.

x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Guys chill out, have a beer"

if you're paying,im down.

Who's "pissed"? I replied to
Quote: "@X1b
Dude, al you have to do to change the backround is get the right color and use the fill tool on the backround... is that to hard?"

And so,ya man. good progress.
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 16:16
Hi. Ive just downloaded it, and I must say that I hate it. No, just kidding. Its nice, but not THAT good. There are somethings you can work on a little. For example, try to make it more smoth, and finnish the spray tool to the next version. An example is that you can make so when you want to change the size (not the "+" or "-" keys this time), you hold down the right mouse button and move the mose up or down to increase/decrease the thickness of the brush or choose colour if you prefer (just a suggestion). And there are some buggs. For example, if you press "cancel"/"close" (I live in Sweden so on my it says "Avbryt") when your in the loadning sceen you close the program. And click on one if the options (dont select anything in the options that come up) at the top of the screen, and then click in the painting area, a line will appear from the top of the program screen to the point where you clicked. But its nice, just try to evolve it a little and try to fix the buggs. And by the way, post the updates in the right board.

One thing more. Whats the "eye dropper"?
BluEarth Software
Years of Service
User Offline
I downladed it, and Had some problems with the control, but I would highly suggst making the "drawing space" white, it is very diffifcult to see the currsor(especially, when it's black). I also would suggest making toolbars, to change from tool to tool faster, and if at all possible, a color picker toolbar too.(like in paint)

Keep up the good work! (cause I can't even get graphics in my programs!!)

Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2006 00:37
Thanks for the suggestions guys, my program went flunk on me and it just stopped working!

ThomasFN
Years of Service
User Offline
shoudn't this be in the WIP section

Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2006 16:37
Quote: "shoudn't this be in the WIP section"

I thought more of Program Announcement, since it was posted as a finnished program, but I might be wrong.
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2006 19:06
k, thx, i got it working again

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:31:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:31:47