Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Title screen help (DBPro)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to set up my game so that if the player doesn't do anything at the title screen after a long enough period of time the game plays a short introduction of all the characters and the basic so-far-at-the-start-of-the-game plot, but the problem is I can't figure out how to go about doing that. Here's what I've got going so far -

The finished game will wait a bit longer than 15 seconds (closer to 45), but I'm sticking with 15 for the testing phase. Thanks in advance for help!
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 16th Feb 2006 21:20
You don't need to do "NewTime=Timer()" because you can use the "timer()" command directly. Once the introduction has been shown you need to reset "OldTime".

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 16:53
Whilst Grog is absolutely correct in what he is saying, the inclusion of the NewTime variable (as in your code) would not stop it working ... so, it begs the question; what is the problem?

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 21:28 Edited at: 17th Feb 2006 21:31
Its probably because he did "if NewTime = OldTime+15000"... if he used a more than sign instead of equals it would of worked but only once because he didn't reset "OldTime" after running the function.

Edit: I tried to bold that equals sign but it didn't work. :-(

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 15:23:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 15:23:55