Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi people i am building a game with no name i dont know what to call it but i thought i would just let you see the map that i have built it has taken me about 5 mins

goto http://groups.msn.com/fpscreator/ for FPS crator messageboards and games

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Havok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2006 16:45
Post all images in JPG please.

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2006 17:25
One word 'Awful'.
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2006 19:56
Thats terrible. I can't see anything, just the shapes of the rooms and a boring corridor. And whats up with the writing?!?!

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2006 05:05
ok........... (Long akward silence)

Legalize it.(You know what I'm talking about)
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2006 11:41
Is this a joke?

AE
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 02:02
Ok guys, Not everyone is an out of the box pro. show some support , maybe try giving some pointers. try to help him create the good level. I doubt any of you are pro game developers in here so relax a bit.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Klick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 09:16
hey, to make the room visible use the < and > keys.

[A]NJL`s [N]on-[G]oody-goody [E]xtermination [L]eague [C]arrying [O]ut [M]ass [M]urdering of [A]NJL`s [N]efarious [D]evotees -Essence of ANGEL COMMAND
Snidog
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure i am making a game with my friend it is gonna be called HIT MAN on the Run (Baicly like GTA acsept you can go into the shops kill the shop assistance and kill anybody it is a massive game it will only be demo unless i send it to your specially because im selling it at my school and maybe at a car boot so it is gonna be MASSIVE we are still desining it but we will need some pointers and stuff if you could send me some pointers and stuff please do send me an e-mail at nick2killers2002@yahoo.co.uk it would be lovly to hear from you
I will be getting the full version of FPS shortly so i will be able to make the DEMO Which will be hosted on FILE FRONT and will there will be a link on our site which is not looking to great at the moment www.ebhq.net.tc if you would like to join us please just send me an e-mail at ebhq@ebhq.zzn.com and i will be willing to welcome you aboard + i will need a picture of your game (ANY VIDEOS PLEASE SEND TO nick2killers2002@yahoo.co.uk) THX

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 17:23 Edited at: 20th Feb 2006 17:24
Hey snidog you should read over your post before you post it, you'll find that people will be able understand it better if it made sense. point in case

Quote: "Sure i am making a game with my friend it is gonna be called HIT MAN on the Run (Baicly like GTA acsept you can go into the shops kill the shop assistance and kill anybody it is a massive game it will only be demo unless i send it to your specially because im selling it at my school and maybe at a car boot so it is gonna be MASSIVE we are still desining it but we will need some pointers and stuff if you could send me some pointers and stuff please do send me an e-mail at nick2killers2002@yahoo.co.uk it would be lovly to hear from you
"

not to be rude but these are the steps you should take prior to hitting the post button.

1) Slow down when you type
2) Think things through before typing
3) Re-read what you have typed to ensure accuracy
4) Take a deep breathe
5) Hit post and re-read what you have posted
6) Use the edit button to fix anything you did not catch in step 3.
7) Sit back and relax

Is there any way you can post some screenshots of your project? You should never ask anyone to do something for you, try asking people to point you in the right direction. If you can not figure it out ask someone to show you how instead doing it for you. You'd be suprised at how easy alot fo the questions on these forums are to answer on your own. (And yes, I have asked people to do something for me in the past) I now ask to be pointed in the right direction.
Give it a try and you'll see things come together also try not to put deadlines for projects as they are vary rarely met. Hope you did not take offense to this post as that was not the intent. look forward to seeing your project.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Snidog
Years of Service
User Offline
As i said im wanting to make a really good but as i said we are still designing it but i need some tips please read below and reply asap

1.How can you make people move all the time

2. How can you make people shoot at you when they see you and i need them to shoot quick

3. Does anybody want to help

THX

brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 18:42
1. Use waypoints.

2. Use a AI script from the scriptbank and right click on the character and select one in the main script.

3. Team requests arent allowed.

All information about this is available in the pdf file that comes with fpsc.

-The Human Takeovers- Coming Summer 2006
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 11:04 Edited at: 21st Feb 2006 11:04
Quote: "As i said im wanting to make a really good but as i said we are still designing it but i need some tips please read below and reply asap

1.How can you make people move all the time

2. How can you make people shoot at you when they see you and i need them to shoot quick

3. Does anybody want to help

THX
"

1) All of the enemies provided with FPSC have their always active option set to no. So this means that they do not move until they see you and with thier cone of sight set to 50 you will be on top of them before they see you, and even longer before they fire at you. right click the enemy and scroll down to the physics section and click on the always active option, it should be defaulted to "no". go ahead and change it to "yes". Now your enemy will always be moving.

2) Change the view cone angle to like 75 or 100. they will see you when you are further away and start shooting alot faster.

3) Leave rate of fire alone. As you will find out if you mix the above steps combined with this one and a good .FPI your enemies will be quite effective.

Try using the snipe.fpi as the shoot script and then use strafe.fpi as the main script change the view cone to 100 and make them always active. and watch yourself get killed. also remember if you choose them to be active all the time your game performance will suffer due to the fact that the CPU is constently having to render that model no matter if it is in screen or not.

-- Winston Churchill
Snidog
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for that infomation i will bear that in mind if you send me your e-mail address to ebhq@ebhq.zzn.com i will give you a link to download the full version of the game

For the infomation the deadline is APRIL

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2006 10:13
deadline for what info? click my email button

-- Winston Churchill
Snidog
Years of Service
User Offline
I have e-mailed you the details about it but thanks for the reply

Klick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 14:36
Huh? I don`t understand this post. One minute, it was download this map, then it mutates into an I need this and that. Getting off topic people.....

[A]NJL`s [N]on-[G]oody-goody [E]xtermination [L]eague [C]arrying [O]ut [M]ass [M]urdering of [A]NJL`s [N]efarious [D]evotees -Essence of ANGEL COMMAND
Snidog
Years of Service
User Offline
No it was gettin tips on making games because as you can see my 5 min game looked pretty usless and this will help people

And if it is going off topic it dont matter does it

Shadow Storm Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 01:20 Edited at: 8th Mar 2006 12:55
Hey Snidog, before even posting in this forum i would advise you that you should of already purchased the software. No offensive and i really dont mean to get your hopes down.. but you could be in for a shock when you said
Quote: "your game is going to be massive as you so rightly said."

I am 16 and you sound judging by your writting skills (Although i can't speak) and the fact that you really are in cookoo land with all this a tiny bit younger!

I first started with the demo as i am sure many, many others did, the demo we think is excerlent and we play it or at least i did untill the 30 days where up but when i bought the real thing. Boy was i in for a shock!

Creating a game is a lot harder than you think and the demo might seam very very easiy to use with its limited features but when you get the real thing it can become quite tricky.

I have been working on my game now a good 2 months and i want it to be perfect before relased for sale on my website and given to a local publisher in my town. At first i thought wow yes i really want FPS1 the demo is ace bla bla.. Well let me tell you.. At our age you do soon lose interest with the thing and it can get quite tricky!

I really dont want to get your hopes down but it isnt plain sailing all the way as i am sure many others here can tell you however i am here every step of the way to help you should you require it

Thanks and good luck pal

Shadow Storm Interactive - Why not have control? www.theultimateingames.com
Shadow Storm Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 01:22
woops sorry, theres me offering help and i can't even turn the quote off ... very sorry about that

Skitza
Years of Service
User Offline
@Snidog

Like RF said, chillax with your typing. Making real sentences helps the eyes. Also, I noticed how you have multiple projects going on at once. You really should stick on one or even combine the ideas to make one good game. And, no offense intended, please stop making sites for FPSC.

@Shadow Storm Interactive

Just edit it lol.
Shadow Storm Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 12:56
Good advice thanks "User" Erm where you intending that to me when you said stop makin websites becasue mine isnt about FPSC its about my game

Snidog
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea i am now consuntrating on my fear game it should be nice. I am still waiting for my FPS to arrive so once i get it i will make it asap

We now have a site just for FPS creator so you can talk about your games visit us and talk at www.fpstalk.co.uk.tc
Shadow Storm Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 23:32
Ok pal, if you had bought it from here then you would of got a download of the game whilst your CD was being delivered, that i hope is a well learnt lesson.

Snidog
Years of Service
User Offline
I have got the demo and i am building games currently

We now have a site just for FPS creator so you can talk about your games visit us and talk at www.fpstalk.co.uk.tc
Shadow Storm Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 21:42
Yes but you get the full thing to download wen you pruchase off this website, they give you a serial and a download pass via ftp. The demo is somewhat limited and very anoying

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
A game like GTA which is going to be MASSIVE, eh?
I'm pretty sure youre TRYING to kill your fps. And i'm also pretty sure that you should wait until you have FPSC the full version. About a week ater having it, THEN try to telling us all JUST how good this game is 'supposedly' going to be...
Tom

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Shadow Storm Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2006 00:22
I have to admit Snidog i shall report you if you post anything esle that does not comply with the rules, you should have the full version, screen shots and maybe evena demo

tom i totaly agree lol, Snidog is gettin way out of hand and i have told him this before

Skitza
Years of Service
User Offline
I think its funny how he made loads of pay for sites and several storylines for games before he even bought FPSC.
Snidog
Years of Service
User Offline
I HAVE GOT THE DEMO i have got the trial version as you can see in my first post (GET IT NOW) me and my friends are desinging games at the moment i am only puttin ideas on i am waiting for my FPS to come that is why i got the demo

PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT I DONT HAVE THE DEMO WHEN I DO

crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
where not saying that you dont have the demo

where say you dont have the full version

snidog coming on these forums and posting i am gonna make this i am gonna do this

just shows us that your a big shiny NOOB

if you really want to be part of this community stop posting until you recieve

THE FULL VERSION 1 OF FPSC

then post some tastefull screenshot of your levels and not just a sodding story line that means nothing

then and only then will this community welcome you with open arms
and we will help you finish your games

however if your still gonna insist on posting crap post after crap post when you dont even own the game engine

prepare to be flamed seriously
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
And banned if you continue to disobey the rules. I am going to report all these rule-breaking to the admins. Now ABIDE by the rules or you WILL be kicked, I can promise you that now.

Shadow Storm Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2006 21:30
Yes please do report him he is filling the formu with constant rubiish, and rubbish that we can do without!

Snidog
Years of Service
User Offline
Fine i wont say nothin else about my site the only thing that will be on my name is the signiture

KK

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
And PLEASE do not use abbrieviations such as KK or THX. There is nothing MORE annoying or which suggests you are a n00b.

Snidog
Years of Service
User Offline
kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx kk thx

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2006 23:22 Edited at: 1st Apr 2006 23:22
How so very sad you must be to sit there for ages typing all that out...
Get a life,
Tom

Snidog
Years of Service
User Offline
nope it is called copy and paste about 20 seconds so i ave got a life and im usin it fine thx thx thx

So you sould get a life

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 12:16
Seriously - even if you got the full version right now, rewrote the source code for brilliant features not included, and made an ace game, i doubt anyone on here would respect you now....

Fujitsu-Siemens "Scaleo-P" with Windows XP OS, Pentium 4, 3.2GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, and a 128MB ATI RADEON X300 Graphics card.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I highly agree with Paul112. You can't even spell and use punctuation and CAPITAL letters where they should be. Snidog, you have highly failed to gain anybody's respect around here, and you obviously have no chance OR intentions of so much as attempting to gain our respect. You should leave these forums now before things get even worse,

Tom

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 15:19
Snidog was done for at least 20 days. We had peace. Now the bastard is back, its like being in hell, because he cant spell, trys to insult people when they tell him to stop his crap. So basically hes a little sh!t.

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Additon to end of Higgin's post:
With no friends

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 16:50
Well, at the moment, the only really reliable forum about FPSC is this one. So hes really screwed his chances of being respected. I hope he gets permanently this time.

Fujitsu-Siemens "Scaleo-P" with Windows XP OS, Pentium 4, 3.2GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, and a 128MB ATI RADEON X300 Graphics card.
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 19:20 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2006 19:23
<('.')> Go text Kirby!

Hi
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 19:22
Once I took a photo of my ass and put it on the internet. That's how you get respect.

Hi
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 19:46
Hahahahahaha

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 19:47
So snidog had been banned till now?

HAHAHA!

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Gwahahahaha! That ought to teach the child a thing or two.

K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 19:56
What?

Hi
Davy B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 21:05 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2006 21:06
It looks worse already Everyone