Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / gsupport (game media)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 00:42 Edited at: 13th Mar 2006 00:47
huh? *pats him on the head*

As most people with a higher IQ than a glass of water know, any file not just images... can be binded with a server to infect computers. I was merely inquiring if the files will be checked for virus's.

RAWRRRRRR at UFO I found your comment most unsettling I think I might just have to make myself another cup of tea

Would you ever be sarcastic to me?

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 00:49 Edited at: 13th Mar 2006 00:49
Quote: "Would you ever be sarcastic to me? "

I just did

Quote: "As most people with a higher IQ than a glass of water know, any file not just images... can be binded with a server to infect computers. I was merely inquiring if the files will be checked for virus's."

Yeah, and anyone who's not blind can see if the file they just downloaded is an image or 3D object or not.

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 00:54 Edited at: 13th Mar 2006 00:55
Quote: "I just did"
You did say sorry for using sarcasum so I suppose I can forgive you this one time

Quote: ""Yeah, and anyone who's not blind can see if the file they just downloaded is an image or 3D object or not. ""

I never said the infected file would be an image or not. Virus's can be 'binded' into ANY file format, they don't have to be strictly .exe's or .jpgs and so forth. Where abouts did you get the idea I thought only images would be binded with virus's?

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 08:47
well i just got a new ftp server so i am no longer hosting it. and this will give faster downloads and more space, i should have the uploader working by the end of tonight as long as it is not the ftp commard why it is not working (so i am going to go and look all over my code to find out why). after that there will be a version out with only download and upload and news page working then for the secondverion i will make the new gui and like u said i will make it change able for people. i will then work on the stat system and then it will just be small things being changed in version 4.

thnaks for the support
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
hey warship45, i think i also will make a smooth file downloader/uploader in the ftp client plugin. so u will be able to download/uppload files using my plugin without getting the engine stuck till the download finished.
but im not sure though if ill make it.
still not good at programming yet though

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 17:18
ok that would be cool at the moment i am useing a seccond app which it sends to for the job. but that would make it esyer
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 17:43
got an update for you lot:

i am going to recode the gui for the app so i will have it readly for use in about a week i hope with new gui for it too i just think this will make the project better in the long run.
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 23:08
little update for you lot got the first bits of my gui done .
it works useing dat files for loading the files and giveing them the placesing on the screen so if u dont like mine you can make your own for it.

in the download link below is what it looks like at the moment it is not very good becasue i am not very good with garphics.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 08:47
i got a m8 called ricky who is at this moment working on getting more pro looking graphics for my gui. (i would do it my self but i lost photoshop disk ) anyway i will keep with the ones i got still and make the news ones the secondary gui you can have in the game or just make it so u lot can copy it over the top of the old stuff not sure yet. i think secondary will be easyer just have a button at the bottom which you click and it wil remember you for the next time. i am also fixed the login stuff now so that you only see *'s not the thing you typed in.
Mr Crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Well this is a fantastic idea! It'd be great! My only concern would be the copyright of media...people can lie about the ownership of media they send...

Life, the Universe and Everything
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 21:42
i will have a terms when you reg on it, in the 2nd version there will be a button to report them so u will have an email sent to u asking for when it was made and other stuff incase u made it. if it gets bad then i will get people to ask if they want to put media on and then i will allow them the uploading bit of the app. however i hope it does not come to this.

update:
the encryption system is done
the basic gui is nerly done
got login and reg system done
and now working on the download app for it

nerly done recoding most of the hole app once i am done with a basic verion i will post it here for u all.

sorry about the delay on getting it out but i needed to redo the gui because it was just not working out. the new look will be better and the one on the last post is being redone and as soon as i got it done i will post and update for you all to see
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 16:31
lol yes just made my incdoing system have 3 levels of incdoing and it will be hard to crack lol
s0l1dsnak3123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2006 19:13
encryption huh keep those hackers out I say

visit my Forum... Contribute to GAT. DBC's latest GTA remake!!!
http://s0l1dsnak3123.proboards54.com/
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2006 19:39
lol my m8 has still not done the gui so there is a limit on waht i can do with out seeing what it looks like but i will try and get lots done lol. i reasly need graphics
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 07:56
Quote: "omg. Don't tell me someone has figured out how to make an image file into a "

I did...

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 08:45
lol yes but i have a system for downloading every new file useing dbpro to my pc and i have a little app to make it scan them all to check that they are not. if it finds any it gets taken off the ftp and then put into a folder on my pc readly for when i get home so i can ckeck it over my slef if it is not then i put it back on, if it is then the person who put it on gets baned.
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 09:07
this looks like a very well thought out system mate. I made something similar to this about 4 years ago in Delphi-pascal/dbpro. Yours seems to have actually worked

I look forward to this IMMENSELY and you will get a great deal of media from me.

Greenlig

Aust. Convention...get there!! http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=38799&b=2&p=1
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 17:03
yes i hope so i will get a lot done this weekend the only problem i have is w8ing for my media for the gui. thanks for your support
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 23:17
having problems with my gui graphics if anyone is interested in helping make the gui then pelase add me to msn or email me at warship45@hotmail.com thanks cant do much more now with out the graphics

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 04:43
I would love to help, but uni restricts my time a bit. If you need anything small done though, Just ask.

icsta at hotmail.com

Aust. Convention...get there!! http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=38799&b=2&p=1
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 10:42
ok cool thanks
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 21:24
update:

just got the login and reg system working and wil now be going on to the basic tab control for the new gui and working on the download system.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:20:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:20:13