Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / What do you need ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 13:07
You "all" know my freeware segment creator, well, i have decided to make a range of another freeware tools for fpsc, like

A visual converter that converts from and to dds for full fpsc texture compability, an entitity convertor (i called it convertor becouse it is not going to be a modeler, you just import a model there, texture, and you get all the files..)

So, i would like some suggestions on WHAT kind of tool for fpsc would you like, while i`m making a list, and then, i`m starting to work on it.If you can, Please describe as best as you can so that you make sure i understood exactly what you would like.

I choose to spend next 3 months on FREEWARE work for community, then, i cant guarantee that all my projects will be freeware... but by then, i can make a whole serie of for-fpsc tools.

I`m waiting unpationatly for your suggestions, and i`m very happy as soon as one arrives

Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 13:31 Edited at: 21st Feb 2006 13:34
I could definetly use a program, that could export the textures from my .x files, because I make the textures in my 3dmodeling program (by putting different colors/pictures on the parts of the object, and my program Exports the texture IN THE X file, so i would like that---
can you make something like that?
and am I the only one with that problem?
If I could do that, i could make alot of nice 3D objects to put on FPS-files, and my games would be so nice

---->Yeah baby! Yeah!<----
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 22:52
I dont understand how it can put a texture in .x file, only color data can be put in .x file, maby you are using the textures from your programs texture library ?

Havok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 23:13
A free weapon creator would be awesome! BTW, thanx for all your hard work in making free applications for the FPSC community.

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 23:19 Edited at: 21st Feb 2006 23:42
Good idea, but it depends on WHAT you treat as a weapon creator, if you think on MODELING and ANIMATING, that might be of a trouble, but if you have the finished model, and then load it into my program, then it shouldnt be no trouble.

i can make a STATIC WEAPON MODE (if your gun has NO animation)
And the standard animation mode (It would hafe to read animation from file, what keyframes order, i havent decided yet)

Maby i should release all in a compilation when i`m finished with all of tools ?

Edit : I will allways (within next few months anyways..) make free tools for fpsc, and also i`m planning on releasing some model packs and sound packs that could be a bit usefull to everyone, effect packs, main manu background pictures. (all within my power actually)
And if anyone wants to join/help me in making freeware tools/model packs/music/sound/background pics/textures etc. just send me a mail, there is ALLWAYS something i need to get done, becouse i have planned some work for my self, and any help will be very appreciated.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2006 00:08
a thing were you viewed your models, and could draw diectly on them for textures...

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2006 00:29
it is possible, but a thing like that would take me 2-3 months of work...

Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2006 13:05 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2006 13:05
Yeah I do use some of the Materials/textures IN the program, but also just plain colors,
P.s There is already a program for drawing directly on tha Model, its called Tattoo, but it isnt that great-

---->Yeah baby! Yeah!<----
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2006 18:58
Quote: "P.s There is already a program for drawing directly on tha Model, its called Tattoo, but it isnt that great-"

Yes , it IS possible, BUT FPSC REQUIRES A TEXURE FILE (or maby not?)

Anyways to hard to make..

Quote: "Yeah I do use some of the Materials/textures IN the program, but also just plain colors"

That wont work, you have to have a UV map and only ONE file for texture, use LITE UNWARP or i`m not sure how its called, but something like that, that program is FREE, and can do a GREAT JOB with uv maps. When you finaly have ONE texture, just convert the file to .dds using my free image converter i posted somewhere on this board (3-4 maby page)

Dragula666
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, heres my suggestion-somthing where it immediately changes the texture to .x file for you, that would be cool

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:23:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:23:16