Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Buttons, menus etc...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Although game programming isn't my primary interest, I still plan to use DarkBasic for some of my physics projects which require 3D modelling, visualizations in space, etc... In any case, these things I can't get easily in VB or VC++, while my math calculations aren't that dependent on programming language anyway.
However, besides 3D models, I will need some GUI objects in my applications, such as buttons, text fields, drop down menus, etc. Although these things aren't that difficult to program manually, I would still like to know if there are any ready components which I can easily put into my application.
BTW, is there any way to make a MDI or standard windowed application in DB? As I say, it is not essential, but would make my physicist life much easier
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 18:42 Edited at: 25th Feb 2006 18:42
Well, you could spend a few $'s on BlueGUI. It's easiest if you check it out for yourself here. I bought this plugin some time ago, and I am very satisfied.

driftman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 10:43 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 10:44
i agree with klu, BlueGUI would be the best answer, but it costs, you can use sprites if you want, but it is much easier with BlueGUI, been using it for about a year now, and it hasn't let me down yet

good luck on your projects

I have a lil' white jacket that lets me hug myself forever.
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
BlueGUI seems to be the best option. Coding your own GUI takes time and doesnt really suit your needs, not to mention takes a long time to debug the system to have steady speed. So Bluegui is best way to go.
Nack

DC got a name change.....^^
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 13:24 Edited at: 1st Mar 2006 13:24
Quote: "http://perso.wanadoo.fr/frederic.cordier/index_english.html
click on DarkBasicV1 then MagicWindows.
"

It is not an dll or addon, just a set of functions actually, but it`s free and i like it

And it`ll save you some time if you decide to write the clicking engine your self, with this you can make text and bitmap buttons.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 17:42:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 17:42:27