Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Tutorial 3 questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there...couple of questions if anyone would be so helpful as to pipe up...I'm using Dark Basic Classic Enhanced language (I think). Anyway, slogging through the tutorials...read the intro matter too, though (which was very helpful). I was wondering if folks could help me understand the code in tutorial 3...you'll see that I modified what the book said to only include 9 settings for display modes...What I don't understand is how this code allows 9 choices for input...I've figured out that the inkey$ string is saving the info on the keystrokes of users, but where is the part that tells the program what to accept...that is, what if I want to change it so that people can pick, say a twelfth or thirteenth choice on the list (if I allow more than 9 choices to show up)...the code is below...does my noob question make any sense?

Drops a smoking bazooka and runs away...
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 02:50
please post code within code tags in the forum post editor, the Source button thing is broken.

FREE Automatic file updates for your distributed Games and Apps - see Program Announcements Forum - DBP Demo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 17:38:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 17:38:25