Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Am I missing some help files somewhere?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 17:32
Hi y'all

Just purchased DBPro (and the enhancement pack thingie) and to be fair I am struggling. Not so much with the programming, I'm used to that, but more finding out commands and their syntax.

For instance aparantly there is an advanced terrain thingie that was added in update 5.8.....which contains the functions I need (matrixes arent vutting the mustard for me), but I have nothing about it listed in the help files. All I can find is a list of commands on the DBP update page with no syntax or explaination, not very helpful.

There seems to be lots of posts on forums where users keep using commands that just plain aren't in the help file.

Am I missing something or are the help files just incomplete?

Is there a great place that offers a more upto date list of commands and their syntax?

PS. I have already manually gone through the help folder on my pooter and found nothing helpful in my search for the mysterious terrain commands.

Thanks in advance for your wise & helpful words.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 18:46
http://dbp.tgchelp.com/index.php?nav=dbhelp

The help files are indeed lacking, Jessticular's site above is your best option.

Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 04:33
and this
http://www.gamersol.co.uk/DarkBASICHelp/Website/index.php

"I dont think I like the idea of my little photon being touched up by a switched off proggy and finishing off without ever actually getting inside." - Fallout
Euphoria
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 12:00
Thats great, thanks for the links

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 17:30:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 17:30:56