Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Fpsc Entity Creator v0.2 (freeware)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 02:54
Sorry to not have the program to post, i am working on it very hard, and i should finish within next 14hours with an ALPHA (testing) stage of FpscEC v0.2 (V0.1 is so buggy that i dont want to eaven mention it, but i fixed all bugs in V2.0, i have little work left actually)

Ok, so what is it, and what are the features ?

Here you go:

It is a tool witch makes all needed for-fpsc files, so that you can just copy your projects folder (generated) into your fpsc folder/entity/
and it will show in fpsc when you go to entities.

it is for converting 3D MODELS to work in fpsc.

Only for static objects for now, characters and weapons and such..very..very...later..if at all.

ALSO, in this program, when you select your models texture, it can be in ANY of this formats:
.jpg
.bmp
.png
.tga
.dds (then no convresion needed though)

And the program will CONVERT the texture to .dds automaticly !

And this v0.2 alpha version will NOT have much settings like weight and such phisic parametres for FPSC, not any parametres except model,texture and such actually.

Later on,in newer versions, i will most probably add some pre-made script templates for weight and such parametres in witch will be able to choose from in a list in FpscEC.The thing with that part is..that i`m new to fpsc, and not very good at fpsc scripting, witch un-ables me make some additional parametres i would love to.

Also in newer versions, you will be able to choose WHEN HITTED BY BULLET picture (only from the ones that go with FPSC, becouse fpsc has for metal,wood and has enough and is much easier for users to just choose from, then to have to make their own...)

Sorry for no screens yet, i`m finishing the interface as well as the code, thats why i dont want to post a pic now.

So, as i said, expect this program within next 24 hours MAXIMALLY.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 05:07
did you see my prog in FPSC chat?

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 17:37 Edited at: 25th Feb 2006 18:20
I just did.. nice job, is it freeware ?

Anyways here is a screenshot of mine :

himynameisali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 17:49
mmm looks nice and easy looking forward to this, Dodic
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 18:25 Edited at: 25th Feb 2006 18:25
Thanks, it might pass the 24 hours maximum time though...

Amd yes,it will be very easy to use.

And the v0.4 will have the phisic setting so that you can set weight and other parametres,but will still remain as easy to use as it is now...

The point of most of my freewares for fpsc that i`m going to make is to be FAST, SIMPLE, and EASY.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 19:37
yeah, its free, cause the default one is so hard to use...

yours looks like its making progress though...

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 22:18
can you make something to APPLY the texture on the right place?

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 02:02
Quote: "can you make something to APPLY the texture on the right place?
"

If you mean just selecting a texture for a model (can be used for cube like models that use one texture, or uv maped models), then it allready can do that, if you mean it to uv map the model (apply like concrete texture for a part, wood texture for a part, etc.) then that is too hard and might be inpossible for me to make, so ,no sorry.

And i have one bad info. :
My sistem crashed just a few hours ago, i was able to recover most of the files, and luckily the FPSCec`s files, so after i install all the programs i need, i will get it done. (it is 2:02 am in my country, so i`ll have to do that tommorow)

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 00:33 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 00:40
Ok, i`m sorry for delays, i`m changing the program from the beggining, becouse i made an better, faster, less buggy structure, i dont have a demo yet, becouse it is in ALPHA testing stages (with only me testing it), then , soon i will make a BETA testing stage, in witch anyone can test it who applys (just write that you want to in this thread)

Ok, so here are some screenshots from the Fpsc Entity Creator :

(You see, some changes in the ide )

And here is the model inported in fpsc using the alpha testing version :

(Note: The model is not made by me, it is downloaded)

It works quite well, but i`m not satecfied enough to let it go to the community, but i promiss that it will soon.

And, i just wanted to ask you, what do you think about this idea:

If i would make an PROFESSIONAL version with all phisic settings, some texture effect options (blur,snow and such),sign creation option, and charge $6,99 for it , so what do you think ?
I think that it might inspire me to make a really good app if i sell it for $6,99, and you MUST admitt that it is really a low price...

it is up to YOU will i make a commercial professional version, or will i continiue with developing this one becouse i might not make this one such good, but nothing is for sure, i will give my BEST effort in EACH case.

jacko101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 01:33 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 01:33
I think for anyone who spends so much time making it easier for everyone else that you should charge for the application. It's true that there's a lot of free software out there, but you gotta eat!

Anyway, the idea of a PRO version is a good idea, maybe with free updates. Although I'd make sure you specify updates rather than upgrades. So for bug fixes and little additions updates are free, but if you release version 2, which also does x,y and z, then you should have an upgrade price for current users.

I guess, or whatever................

EDIT : Forgot to say that the App is looking good!
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 01:44
Thanks, if i charge $6,99 for pro, you will get next versions (i mean 2.0) for free (i mean for who buyed the pro version)
So, all updates untill the v2.0 and then , you eaven get 2.0 for free, i think that should be fair ?

p.s. Thanks

Lurtz Tha Uruk Hai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 00:27
I'l Buy it, the easier to put models into FPSC the better and faster it will be! And I give gladly some money for this fast method of importing models, But I have 1 question,: Can I also put these models into FPSC trought this program ?

http://scifi3d.theforce.net/list.asp?intGenreID=10&intCatID=13

THNX anyway for making this fine program
Andy Hamm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2006 20:18
Looks cool, how long will we have to wait?

Blizz26
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 22:50
Is this Program avalible ? its now june
from gspace to FPSC
Years of Service
User Offline
HI Dodic!
Are you doing a FPSCentity maker???Is it in Darkbasic language??
Congratutalions!It is a great job!It seem better than FPSCentitymaker by THeGameCreators
Can you post de animation sequence for character anim??
Exemple:
frame 0 to 20 (walk)
Frame 22 to 40(shoot)
and go on...
PLease!Becase I continue looking for that information on this forum
Look at my model made in TrueSpace and waiting for animation frames setup to export
Thanks
Daniel

Daniel

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:23:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:23:18