Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Texture Problems on Custom Entity

Author
User Deleted
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 11:59
I made a simple Pipe mesh in Cinema 4D, saved it as a .x file and textured it. To make sure the texture worked fine, i checked it out in Cinema, all was good.

I took the .x pipe mesh, and the .dss texture into the FPS entity creator and made the entity. I could see something was wrong in the entity makers 3d view window. When i came to testing the entity in game, it loaded up fine, but the texture was.... well.... mashed. There was bits of textures all over the place, totally ignoring the UV map i did.

Since then i have tried changing all the .x export settings in cinema, using targa and bitmap texture formats, and even exporting as .3ds and using the DBConv utility to convert to .x. Nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's making this texture issue occure ? This issue is the only thing standing between me and entity paradise.

Check out the attached image

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wehtam_
User Deleted
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 16:50
Update:

I will update this thread in case other people are using Cinema 4D to make custom entites for FPSC. Maybe we can sort this problem out.

I used the UV2BMP plugin for cinema to generate the models UV's. As i said previously this worked fine in Cinema, but the textures appeared distorted in FPSC, whether the object was .X or .3DS and whether the image was .DSS or .TGA.

I decided to get a free external UV Mapper called.... UV Mapper. I exported the models in the .OBJ, the format UV Mapper understands. I made the UV's, painted them, re-imported back into Cinema and everything was looking fine. The models were triangulated, with correct normals and everything. I take them into the entity creator and the same problem occures.

The strange thing is, some portions of the texture map correctly, and others don't, it must be an issue with FPSC handling the UV data? I really cant think of any other reason as to why it wouldn't work.

Anyone else experience this ?
Nevets
Years of Service
User Offline
This problem has halted our progression - if anyone has any ideas or knowledge of programs that are guarantee to work please add to this post.

God Bless The Internet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:30:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:30:31